Characters: Orderly Chaos
For the page about the actual roleplay, see Orderly Chaos.
open/close all folders
Listed in order of appearance on the original character sheet:
- Fiery Redhead
- Fun Size
- Playing with Fire: Her defining characteristic
- Traumatic Haircut: as the result of a well- if maliciously-aimed sword throw
- Deadpan Snarker: Tendencies have softened somewhat over time, but they never quite die. Like the man himself.
- Only Sane Man
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl
- The Loonie
Albus "Allie" Weiss
Lydia "Lola" Wording
Bonnie Euryalesniper, and literally cold-blooded. Being a hitman for a retired Egyptian God, she's also a bit of a villain.
Geier von Engelmacher (a.k.a. Erik von Heidegger)
- Awesome McCoolname:
- The Necrocracy
- Dude Looks Like a Lady, but don't mention it to his face.
- Effeminate Misogynistic Guy: Early in the roleplay, Geier embodied this trope. He's mellowed a little since then. He even has a girlfriend, though he doesn't make a habit of trusting strange ladies.
- Almost Too Kinky to Torture
- He alvays talks like zis except when he's speaking Überwaldean, which for lengthy statements is represented by no accent at all— or what those of questionable sanity might call a Funetik Absent.
- Lugs around at least four swords at all times, but the really Cool Sword is Geist the spirit-summoning sword, which is even cooler once you know that the dominant soul possessing it is that of Geier's dead father (The Teatime Adventure).
- Ancestral Weapon (see above)
- ...none of which he uses for his current Crowning Moment of Awesome: ripping his master/lover Pan apart with his bare hands and fangs.
- A Fighting Narcissist
- Stalker with a Crush
"Those whose hair is red, of a certain peculiar shade, are unmistakably vampires."
- Pan hits on Anything That Moves.
- The Necrocracy, like many if not most vampires in Uberwald.
- Too Kinky to Torture
- Destructo-Nookie's biggest fan
- Extremely willing example of Vampires Are Sex Gods
- Overprotective Dad. He's technically Phoenix's grandad, but he's still very protective of her.
- Badass Grandpa
Karl Ernst von Heidegger
Robert Lewis Candlesmith
Lewis "Lew" Carrellan
- Defining characteristic: Anything That Moves
- Almost impossible to kill, due to the non-magic of [[Nanomachines Nanites]]
The First Adventure
The Teatime Adventure
The Grünwaldstadt Adventure
Wilhelm von Grünwaldstadt
Oliver Garibaldi Kendal Cartwheel St. Honoré Pomfrey-Parkin-Bakewell, Viscount Eccles
- Awesome McCoolname: He's named after nine different kinds of dessert. Come on, people.
- Only Sane Man
- Overly-Long Name: The longest name of Orderly Chaos to date in fact - this troper checked.
Geier von Höllental
- Depraved Homosexual
- Even the Guys Want Him: Lampshaded by Teddy, who makes several comments to the effect of "I'd so tap that if 'that' didn't have a dick".
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: Possibly even more so than his [[Fanon]] counterpart.
- Harem Seeker
- Kinky Boots
- MeaningfulNameChange: Von Engelmacher becomes von Höllental after he inherits the title, doing the proper-Überwaldean-lord thing.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Arguably overrides the Fetish Fuel Station Attendant appeal.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Word of God claims that von Höllental lets Ansel conduct as-near-to-lethal-as-possible experiments on him for kicks.
Sebastien Guillaume Olivier
- Broken Bird: To Fabian.
- Defrosting Ice King: Thanks to Fabian.
- Sexy Spectacles: On her first visit to Castle Höllental, Petra notices that he wears glasses similar to Geier's and wonders whether it's a Höllental tradition for the master of the house to keep a male lover of the [[Megane]] persuasion while neglecting said lover and sleeping around. A rare Crowning Moment of Funny in this dark story arc.
- Straight Gay
- Badass Adorable
- Child Soldier
- The Jail Bait Wait: Subverted. Since von Höllental didn't.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: Gunnlaug's view on this are expressed quite clearly in his short but poignant written message from the short story "Then, Now, Forever".
- I WAS GOING TO BE A WARRIOR WHEN I GREW UP
- The Speechless
- In Love with Your Carnage: Von Höllental digs the way he coolly eviscerates living victims.
- Badass Adorable, albeit in a less benevolent way than Gunnlaug.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Yandere: A shining Type 2 example (willing to kill anyone who gets between him and his beloved). His defining characteristic. Leda is often anxious about associating with him because of that unnecessarily violent streak, although she ignores that anxiety often and easily because most of the time he's so damn cute.
- Sire: Robin Gammage/Geier von Höllental
- Comically Missing the Point: In a darker vein of humor than is common, newly-converted Dallan determinedly deludes himself into believing he hasn't drunk blood and that the barely living human sprawled in front of him is indeed a cleverly constructed sack full of punch made to look like a human.
- Meaningful Name: Mr. Fischer comes from a family of fishermen.