Roleplay: Fate Moon White
Divinity Divider Divinator
Welcome to this bloody fairytale
In which, sword in hand
Is it lie or truth?
What are you afraid to believe?
What happens when the Holy Grail War from Fate/stay night
is combined with a brain-wracking detective story, in the style of Higurashi: When They Cry
and Umineko no Naku Koro ni
A Forum RPG
that started in a Type-Moon
fansite, Fate/Moon White is a story of events that happen two years after Fate/stay night
, on the cold island of Tengetsu
, that lies north of Hokkaido. A mysterious letter has been received by nine magi, calling them to war. There Can Be Only One
winner, and that winner is granted the Holy Grail
However, the newly-appointed Masters do not only have to worry about summoning their Servants and winning the Holy Grail War. The island seems to hold more than one secret, and without solving the mystery of the island, closed off by a blizzard, there may be no hope of survival for any of the Masters...
Although all character slots are booked already, and the Game Master handles all the NPCs
, people can still participate in the roleplay. As Fate/Moon White is also a mystery-story, speculation and guessing is also welcome. Until the actual speculation thread is created, the Wild Mass Guessing
will happen on the general talk thread
can be found here.
For the sequel RP, see Fate Regalia
This Forum RPG contains the following tropes:
- Action Girl - Lightning, Aileen and Rider are all jockeying for position. Saber would be too, if she wasn't so manly...
- All There in the Manual - There is actually a rulebook for this forum RP, downloadable from the first page of the general talk thread. It explains much of the actual situation and the mechanics of the game.
- An Axe to Grind - Aileen is awfully quick to go for her tomahawk when menaced by a few members of the Soda Sentai.
- Arc Words - "And then there were none." A shout-out to a well-known classic of detective-fiction.
- Artistic License - In line with Fate/stay night, expect somewhat loose interpretations of the heroes participating in the War.
- Calling Your Attacks - Servants activate Noble Phantasms by speaking their true names.
- Closed Circle - All forms of transportation in and out of Tengetsu have been cut off, thanks to the yearly blizzard that surrounds the island.
- City of Adventure - The whole island has to be one if it's going to withstand the battle of nine Servants.
- Everyone Is a Suspect - With the numerous mysteries and unanswered questions, it seems that every character introduced is a possible "culprit".
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep - Servants are referred to by their class names to hide their identities. Not that this has stopped several players from figuring some of them out...
- Fan Nickname - The group of shikigami residing in the Yamaichi Shrine are collectively known as the "Soda Sentai" amongst players. Well, they are named after soft drinks...
- Foreshadowing - This is a mystery. There is bound to be foreshadowing. A lot of it.
- Killer Rabbit - The members of the Soda Sentai are relatively cute little familiars named after soft drinks. Word of God states they are quite capable of taking down the powerful Masters and might even be able to
fight off kill and eat Servants. They also, apparently, enjoy 80's era anime.
- Language of Truth - Used by Game Master sometimes, especially when players speculate about the mysteries of the RP. Being in the form of red text, it is a shout-out to Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
- Loads and Loads of Characters - Not only the nine Masters and the Nine Servants, but there are also a huge amount of NPCs.
- Mundane Made Awesome - Golden Oreos are not usually involved in witty banter. Aileen improvised.
- Oracular Urchin - Izumi is shaping up to be a classic example. Depending on how much, this may cross over with Blind Seer.
- Red Baron - Lady of Arms, Lord of Wonders, Monk at the Wall, God of Archery, The Magus Cop, The Mirage and so on. Everyone seems to sport at least one grandiose nickname, if not two.
- Shout-Out - Many. Especially towards the When They Cry series, and Nasuverse.
- Statistically Speaking - The battles are largely determined by the stats of the Servants and Masters, which was the reason why creating a balanced character was important.
- Summon Bigger Fish - Like in Fate/stay night, the Masters all attempt to invoke this trope against the other 8 Servants. Who has successfully done so has yet to be seen.
- Talking Is a Free Action - Averted somewhat. Although it would basically be free, the time of the day still needs to keep on running between posts, and thus it is not possible for one talk to continue for eternity inside one of the "phases" the days are divided.
- Town with a Dark Secret - Though instead of just the town, the whole island itself seems to be filled with dark secrets. And most of them haven't even been discovered yet...
- Viewers Are Geniuses - Somewhat suffers from this. The mystery itself is designed to require a knowledge of the Nasuverse, and for the players/readers to pay extra attention to details and possible hints & clues. However, as the mystery is the central focus of this RP, it is a given...
- Wild Mass Guessing - Some already, and the amount will most likely increase as the story progresses forward. Surprisingly, guessing Saber's identity has become quite a favorite amongst the players.