open/close all folders
- "Gwahahahaa! Ale and meat are the only two things a woman needs!"
- Badass Boast - If there is one thing Saber can do well, it's this. Once she enters the battle, almost every line is a mixture of this and Large Ham.
- Badass Cape - One of the most prominent articles of clothing Saber has.
- Big Damn Heroes - It is clear that this is an everyday thing for Saber.
- Big Eater - And drinker too. After all, the only thing equal to those two in Saber's mind is fighting.
- Born Winner
- Cool Sword - A job requirement. We haven't seen it yet, but knowing Saber, its probably impressive to look at.
- Hot-Blooded - Slightly averted. Although she is always raring to go, Saber is not idiotic enough to rush straight into battle. It's when the situation is about getting out of a pinch with pure will that she shows this trait.
- I Have Many Names - Both "Queen of War" and "Lady of Arms" have been recognized as her nicknames. There are apparently many others, most which become apparent when Saber gives out one of her Badass Boast.
- Large and in Charge - With her size, it's obvious.
- Large Ham - Practically defined by this trope. If Word of God is believed, Saber was deliberately made hammy to counter the other Saber we've seen in Fate/stay night.
- Spirited Competitor - And in more than one way. Even her wish seems to be tied to this particular trope, somehow...
- The Ace - Almost perfect example of "The Ace and oblivious to it".
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl - Although neither is the other's love-interest, Saber and Tikhon certainly invoke this trope. The funny thing is, Tikhon is not such a small man himself, either.
- True Companions - Saber considers family to be one of the most important things in the world, although her definition of "family" is a bit loose. She even threatens to adopt Tikhon after he expresses his wish.
- Warrior Poet - Surprisingly enough, Saber is indeed a poet of her own kind. Though it might not show through her rather "rowdy" exterior...
- "I'll make it out without so much as a scratch!"
- Back-to-Back Badasses - At least once in his life
- Badass Boast - Marauder has done his fair share of boasting, but every time he does what he says he will.
- Badass Longcoat - Depending on his own whims, Marauder is either this or has his torso completely exposed.
- Big Damn Heroes - Marauder has had more than a few experiences involving this.
- Easily Forgiven - With the exception of one time, this happens to Marauder a lot. Charming Pirate, eh?
- Hot-Blooded - Especially when it comes to his own boasting, Marauder can very easily get fired up.
- Ho Yay - Either this or Foe Yay with the same person.
- Interesting Situation Duel
- It Amused Me - Marauder is terrible when it comes to wasting things. He's great with people, but give him a priceless robe and he'll set it on fire if he thinks it would be fun.
- One Head Taller - Marauder and Aileen. For reference, he is roughly one foot(30cm) taller than her.
- One-Hit Kill - Arrows to the head tend to do that.
- Reformed Criminal
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork - A former enemy eventually turned friend. They didn't enjoy working with each other at first, to say the least.
- True Companions - Anyone he works with.
- The Captain - Don't try to order his men around. They won't listen to you.
- Combat Pragmatist - "War is war, never mistake it for anything else."
- Walking Shirtless Scene - Again, depending on his whims, it's either this or Badass Longcoat.
- "Awww, this girl's so adorable~"
- Action Girl
- Armed with Canon - Her writer is a Yuri Fan, and it shows. Considering who Rider actually was, Alan's writer isn't too happy about this. Hilarity Ensues...?
- Cool Sword - Two, actually, so far. whether or not she Dual Wields them has yet to be confirmed.
- Dog Walks You - A classic case of Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes - Admittedly, her armored dress is just a variant of Erza's outfit.
- Samus Is a Girl - Most of her life was like this.
- Cool Big Sis - Just one of those people...
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass - For when everything goes to hell in a hand basket.
- Plucky Girl- Never one to give up.
- "Didn't I tell you that I am in this for my own selfish desires? I have no sins to atone for, no desperate redemption to catch. Such things are beyond me now. Only my blind greed remains to guide me."
- Combat Pragmatist – For Caster “fairness” is something that does not exist in fights. "Finish fights as fast as possible and go home to have some fun" is his motto.
- Servile Snarker - To Asa, though a bit more on the Snarker side then on the Servile side.
- The Archmage - This used to be/would be Caster's day job once he finishes with all this Grail War business.
- Dissonant Serenity – In a fight, Caster is just as unflappable as he is out of it. Even eerily so...
- Badass Long Robe – Casters white flapping robe generates the “flapping in the wind” effect almost constantly. One could even consider it something akin to Magic!
- Would Not Shoot a Civilian – Regardless of the circumstances, Caster will do all in his power to reduce the number of civilian casualties. Woe to anyone foolish enough to use human shields…
- Pay Evil unto Evil - As mentioned before, Caster is extremely ruthless and without mercy towards those he considers evil.
- Blood Knight - Somewhat. Even though he doesn't play by the rules, he likes the "thrill" of fighting with someone at his level. Not to the fullest extent of the trope, but he still enjoys the process a bit too much to be considered normal.
- Guile Hero – Caster's modus operandi and typical meddling usually means that he turns into this.
- Red Baron - The Lord of Wonders.
- Gentleman Mage
- I Shall Taunt You - It takes Caster about 5 seconds to realize Aileen doesn't like to be called "girly" and about 10 to use it and try to bait her into a suicide rush. Surprisingly, she plays it cool.
- "I was perfect, I always had been. ...Regrettably."
- All Monks Know Kung-Fu
- Badass Beard
- Bald of Awesome
- Blade on a Stick - It's a job requirement. in Lancer's case, this may cross over with Empathic Weapon.
- Bare-Fisted Monk – Lancer doesn’t always use his spear. He is just as likely to test his martial arts prowess against his foes before ever feeling the need to rely on his weapon
- Contemplate Our Navels - Lancer lives and breathes this trope.
- Dissonant Serenity
- Hard Work Hardly Works – Completely and utterly averted. Everything Lancer achieved in his life came from practice, meditation, and constant training.
- Honor Before Reason
- Meditating Under a Waterfall – Lancer will try anything if it might improve his training regimen even by a little bit. He prefers caves though.
- Old Master - in his life.
- Stroke the Beard - Lancer had invoked this trope with 30 minutes of his summon.
- Training from Hell
- "Back in my day, people didn't throw away their lives for nothing. So don't try your luck."
- Attack! Attack! Attack! - Berserker's bread and butter strategy.
- Bad Ass Cape - Notable in being the only piece of clothing on his torso.
- Berserk Button - Touch any of his allies and pray that you're at least on the other side of the island.
- Beware the Nice Ones - Just don't tick him off. Seriously.
- Big Brother Mentor - To anyone who he feel needs a little motivation.
- My Greatest Failure
- Real Men Wear Pink - When he's not fighting to the death, he enjoys bird-watching and playing with animals.
- Rule of Cool - Berserker's legends are this.
- The Berserker - ...Need I explain?
- The Big Guy - Stands a few heads taller than other people.
- True Companions
- Walking Shirtless Scene - Only during battle. Not wearing a shirt during the day would be pretty odd.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity - Once ME is activated, he lives up to his class standards.
- Would Not Shoot a Civilian
- "Catch me? Don't you people ever learn?"
- It Amused Me - Can be surprisingly whimsical at times.
- Only Known by Their Nickname - In-story example.
- Punny Name
- True Neutral - Doesn't really care either way about 'good' or 'evil'.
- "Don't make me scalp a bitch."
- Action Girl
- Magical Native American - Aileen is Apache/Irish. She's also a Shaman. Do NOT call her a magus.
- An Axe to Grind - She carries a tomahawk on her. Perhaps MULTIPLE tomahawks.
- Buffy Speak
- Bad Liar
- Cluster F-Bomb - Aileen was not amused when she realized somebody was performing an outdoor summon less than a mile from her location.
- Aileen: Jesus H. Fucking. Christ on a crutch.
- Deadpan Snarker - Aileen is sarcastic to a fault.
- Genre Savvy - Aileen is not thirsty when offered a strange beverage from a man who she knows intends to kill her in the next few days.
- Aileen: Do I look like I fell off a fucking turnip truck?
- Groin Attack - This is going to happen at one point in time.
- "In both our lines of work, there are no coincidences. Fate, Providence, call it whatever you want - it looks like I was on a holy mission after all."
- The Drifter - Before settling in the US, he certainly fit this trope.
- Lightning Bruiser - Moves fast, hits hard. Don't get in his way.
- Knight in Sour Armor - Ah, that peculiar blend of idealism and cynicism.
- Badass Longcoat - To be fair, it is cold in Tengetsu. Not only that, he can have plenty of room for his more unusual gear and look good while he's at it.
- Coat, Hat, Mask - His method of choice for staying under the radar.
- Badass Family - His brother is The Big Guy. His father put them through a childhood of Training from Hell. His grandfather once summoned Cú Chulainn as Berserker. And don't ask about his mother.
- "Devils don't ask favors from God."
- Action Girl
- Blood Knight
- Ninja Maid
- I Have Many Names
- Colonel Badass
- Occult Detective
- The Hunter
- The Men in Black
Dan Rong Zheng
- "This won't kill you, but you'll wish to high Heaven that it did when I'm through with you."
- Badass Bandolier - Well, it's more of a tactical rig. Either way, it looks cool and serves a practical purpose.
- Badass Family - His father is a huge mountain of muscle and his mother is known as the Task Master in the Association. They're not blood-related, but who cares with parents like these?
- Bag of Holding
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Becoming the Mask
- Catchphrase - "Isn't that right, Zach?"
- Combat Pragmatist - He wouldn't have survived up to this point if he wasn't, given his line of work.
- Cool Shades - Coupled with a hood or helmet or dew rag, this is his choice of disguise.
- Crazy-Prepared - "Let's see. Bought some variable sight optics, night monocular, digital camera, cheap mobile phones, compass, metal wiring, rope, glue, canned air, dew rag, EDC light, flare pen, flare cartridges carabiner loops, maglight, and a brand-spankin' new hybrid racing bike. Wanna cover as many bases as I can. Of course, I'm not gonna be luggin' all that stuff around all the time. Left 'em in the surprisingly spacious suite at the Fuyutsuki hotel. For now, I just got the "essentials" on me." Can't say he didn't give a good effort.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- LawEnforcementInc - Currently employed in the Law Enforcement Assistance Branch of Aegis Defense Services.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown - His reaction for all Clear and Present Dangers. Don't worry, he won't kill. Probably. Maybe.
- Nice Guy - Despite his combat methods, he's a real friendly guy who'd rather talk things out. But he's not stupid. So don't push him.
- ShoutOut - "Aegis Security Agent, Daniel York Morgan. Please, just call me Dan, that's what everyone calls me. Isn't that right, Zach?" Also, his mother and father are named Izumi and Kurt respectively. And Aegis Defense Services really does exist.
- Training from Hell - His mother isn't called the Task Master for nothing.
- True Companions
- Trying to Catch Me Fighting Dirty - Comes with being a Combat Pragmatist.
- Would Not Shoot a Civilian - It's generally bad policy to shoot the clients.
Bishop Antono Turpin
Executor Muire Gullivan
Executor Rain Fereshgical
Priestess Chelsea Mackeroch
- "You foooooool!"
- Author Avatar
- Chewing the Scenery - does this with some of the player avatars in the 'meta-thread'
- Large Ham
- "Concern yourself with victory, and nothing else."
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl - A text-book example of this trope. Not only is she taller than many people seem to realize first, she also has long black hair, a calm demeanor, and a deep voice to boot.
- Blue and Orange Morality - According to Word of God, Tsukuyomi sees the world as nothing more than "story"... whatever that means.
- Chewing the Scenery - She seems to take the whole "Mysterious Priestess" thing a bit too seriously...
- Dramatic Pause - Tsukuyomi loves these, and they are usually cut by either the folding or opening of the fan she carries.
- Lady of War - From clothing to attitude, everything fits. And we haven't even seen her fight yet.
- Miko - She certainly likes to dress up as one.
- "....Fighting is bad."
- Blind and the Beast - Maybe this is the reason why Izumi, who clearly cannot stand scary sights, is so at ease with the Soda Sentai
- Blind Seer - At least the blind part is correct. The "seer" part is still under question...
- Catch Phrase - "Gyafun!"
- Mama Bear - Don't you dare try anything towards Izumi when Tsukuyomi is there to see it.
- Miko - Just like Tsukuyomi.
- The Woobie - There has yet to be a character who has visited the shrine and felt sad after seeing this blind girl struggle to keep up with her duties.
Bishop Antono Turpin
- "Miracles are allowed to exist only in our Lord's name. You find any other; Destroy them."
- Church Militant - Judging from him and his actions, the Holy Church seems to be a rather violent place.
- Good Hurts Evil - Apparently, Mr. Turpin himself enjoys such Divine Protection that lesser Dead cannot even approach him.
- More Dakka - Big bishop's need lots of guns.
Executor Muire Gullivan
- "If you can't find a meaning for your life yourself, then make sure your life means something for others."
- BFS - Gullivan is famous for his huge, cross-shaped sword that has defeated more than few Dead Apostles.
- Big Brother Mentor - To everyone on the ship. Especially to Chelsea and Rain.
- The Conscience - Once again, acts pretty much as this to the people of the ship, keeping them in line when things get emotionally riled up.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill - Pretty much sums up his way of fighting. However, it's a different thing if the target is ALREADY dead...
Executor Rain Fereshgical
- "We get along pretty well, God and I. He's a cool guy."
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass - Although he acts foolish all the time, Rain is still an executor, and a damn good at that.
- Doomed Hometown - Rain's hometown in Italy got swallowed up by a Dead Apostle which had extended it's influence there. Needless to say, this was what started Rain's journey in vampire-hunting business...
- Long Distance Relationship - In the cold and distant island of Tengetsu, the only way Rain can keep in touch with his girlfriend is with e-mail.
Priestess Chelsea Mackeroch
- "I don't want to be a cause of sorrow."
- Actual Pacifist - Chelsea herself would not hurt anyone. The only reason she is in the warship Cross's Grace is because of her special ability.
- Cuteness Overload - Whether it's about small Servant-girls or the ship's youngest boy, Chelsea is always ready to Glomp them.
- Power of Love - A slightly strange case. If there is anything that goes against the teachings of God near her, she actually feels pain in her heart, like she was suffering from deep sorrow.
- "My love is the love of God. My retribution is the retribution of God."
- BFG - Her weapon, apparently.
- Emotionless Girl - First class example. According to Muire Gullivan, she's not really like this, but the facts speak for themselves...
- Must Make Her Laugh - There has been a some kind of competition amongst the crew of Cross's Grace that is pretty much summed up by this trope.
- Vampire Hunter - And damn good at that.