"I sing the body electric. I gasp the body organic. I miss the body remembered. Welcome to Night Vale."Cecil tunes in to one of Night Vale's other radio stations, the monotone female voice that reads only numbers (occasionally interspersed by the ringing of a bell.) Except the voice isn't so monotone any more.
Tropes present in Numbers include:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Fey's not evil, but she's certainly not doing what her programmers intended.
- Crazy-Prepared: Cecil's boy scout training apparently included advanced siegecrafting and demolitions, which he uses to break into the heavily defended bunker containing Fey.
- Foreshadowing: Cecil's quote on the top of the page could be seen as this for Fey's Robotic Reveal.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Fey really wanted to run away from reading numbers.
- Robotic Reveal: Cecil discovers that the monotone female voice that reads the numbers at WZZZ Station is just a computer program, and her dreams of freedom don't come true.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Fey's creators remotely reboot her before Cecil can get to her, forcing her back to the numbers.
"Today's proverb: Ignore all the haters telling you that everything isnít a sandwich. Everything is a sandwich."