Recap: The Wild Wild West S 3 E 14 The Night Of The Iron Fist
Count Draja, formerly of Bosnia, is being extradited. West takes him secretly overland through Arizona territory while Gordon, disguised as Draja and acting as a decoy, travels west on the Wanderer
. They are due to meet up in Buffalo Springs, but trouble develops for both agents due to those who are after either the reward on Draja's head or the $500,000 in stolen gold which he is rumored to have hidden.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Artificial Limbs: Draja has a hand-shaped chunk of iron in place of his right hand. It's very useful as a club - and for cracking nuts - but not much else.
- Enemy Mine: Two of them: Jim and Count Draja vs. the Garrisons, who want Draja for their own purposes, and Artie and Countess Zorana vs. her backstabbing underlings.
- Everybody Lives: Even the gang members who Artie causes to fall out of the train while in motion are heard to have been rounded up alive.
- Living MacGuffin: Count Draja, who, for one reason or another, everyone in the episode wants to get their hands on.
- Stupid Crooks: The Garrisons. They're well-armed and determined, which is the only reason they're even remotely a threat; otherwise they're completely incompetent.
- Talking Your Way Out: How Artie deals with the men holding him captive aboard the Wanderer, working on their greed and egos to bring about mutual distrust. The leader does catch on, but too late.
- Unholy Matrimony: Count Draja and Countess Zorana. They seem to be about equal parts devoted to each other and mortal enemies.