Enzo, Europe's most infamous assassin, has been hired to perform a job in America. Leaving a trail of corpses in his wake, he heads for Denver. West and Gordon are close behind but can't quite manage to find him or his girlfriend, "Topaz," even when they trace the two to a small wagon train. Upon arrival in Denver the agents attach themselves to Governor Ireland, whom they assume to be Enzo's target, and try to pick up the assassin's trail, which grows colder by the minute.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Artificial Gravity: Somewhere, somehow, someway, the agents have acquired a table. An antigravity table. Anything placed on it stays in place, including the wine in a carafe, even when the middle panel is flipped over so that the objects are now on the down-facing side. Its properties are exploited for comedic effect but no explanation of the mechanism is given.
- Creepy Crossdresser: Enzo evades the agents' notice for most of the episode by disguising himself as friendly, middle-aged Miss Tyler.
- Faking the Dead: Dierdre is apparently killed by Enzo while traveling cross-country with the wagon train. As it turns out, she is "Topaz," Enzo's girlfriend, and they faked her death together.
- Recycled Soundtrack: Some of this episode's music (such as that heard during the climactic fight between Jim and Enzo/"Miss Tyler") is borrowed from Gunsmoke.
- Trademark Favorite Food: For Dierdre, it's cherries jubilee with molasses.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Averted when Jim punches out Miss Tyler - well, it would be averted if Miss Tyler wasn't a man in drag.