Moe falls for a flower vendor named Renee, and commits insurance fraud (with help from Homer) so he can keep the money and the romance coming.
- Broken Aesop: Moe tries to help out Homer from getting out of prison by telling the police the truth, only for him to plan yet another scheme to get paid anyway, driving Renee to ditch him for good.
- Mistaken for Gay: When Moe was trying to get enough courage to tell Renee the truth, she asked if he was gay. When he said he wasn't she asked if he was married and he asked why she said "gay" first.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Homer would have saved both he and Moe a lot of trouble if he just let Snake steal the latter's car.
- Stop Saying That!: Homer overhears Moe speaking about Hawai'i.Moe: Hawai'i here we come! Ananakooli, Makawani, Ana-ona, Nanawula Wa, Hawai'i... ha.
Homer: (overhearing) Hawai'i? What about Hawai'i? Moe? Who's going to Hawai'i?! Am I going to Hawai'i?
(Chief Wiggum knocks on Homer's cell bars with a nightstick.)
Chief Wiggum: Stop saying Hawai'i in there!
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Whatever happened with that water heater explosion at the beginning of the episode?