Episode - 7F08
First Aired - 11/15/1990
After feeling Flanders is better than him in every way, Homer decides to prove his family's worth by forcing Bart to compete in a mini-golf tournament with Todd Flanders.
This episode provides examples of:
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game
- A Day in the Limelight: For Todd, though most of the plot focused on Bart.
- This is the first episode to prominently feature the Flanders family, rather than just being a one-shot gag.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Flanders is actually amused at mowing the lawn in a Sunday dress (as it reminds him of his fraternity days), much to Homer's frustration.
- Exact Words: Because of how the bet between Homer and Flanders was worded (the father of the kid who "doesn't win" instead of kid who loses, because Flanders found the wording too cruel for his sensibilities) Homer insisted the both of them mow each other's lawn on Sunday dresses.
- X Must Not Win: Homer is willing to accept both him and Flanders facing the losing penalty so long at it means Flanders suffers.