Recap: The Simpsons S 24 E 16 Dark Knight Court
Bart is accused of playing a prank on the Springfield Elementary School band during an Easter gathering, and Janet Reno (voiced by Janet's real-life sister, Maggie, though the real Janet Reno is credited for doing voicework) is hired to oversee the case. Meanwhile, Mr. Burns becomes a superhero known as "Fruit Batman" and Smithers pays the townspeople to pose as Mr. Burns' Rogues Gallery
- Brick Joke: When Mr. Burns learned Smithers had hired people to pose as villains to sustain his delusions about being a hero, he was told one of them was real. During the epilogue, that villain was enough of a threat a Nick Fury Expy recruited expies of other superheroes.
- CallBack: Homer's hidden talent for music (last seen in "Homer's Barbershop Quartet") comes back when Homer conducts the Springfield Elementary band and puts more energy and passion into it than Mr. Largo has ever done (even though Mr. Largo scoffs, "Anyone can conduct Sousa").
- The Corrupter: During his first stint as "Fruit Batman", Mr. Burns said he couldn't trust cops because they're corrupt and that he knows it because he corrupted them.
- Courtroom Episode and Superhero Episode: The main story and the B-story
- Fantasy-Forbidding Father: Mr. Burns' father's position regarding comics. He even burned down a comic publishing house just to show his son how much he hates them.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Inverted. The "Peep show" Moe paid to watch wasn't a strip show; it was a bunch of baby chickens.
- Kick the Dog: Mr. Burns' father wanted him to literally kick dogs instead of reading comics.
- Living Lie Detector: Maggie is the only one at the Simpson household Bart cannot lie to.
- Shout-Out: To The Avengers