Recap: The Simpsons S 23 E 12 Moe Goes From Rags To Riches
In yet another Bizarro Episode, Moe's dishrag (voiced by Jeremy Irons) tells viewers the story of how it went from a beautiful medieval tapestry to being Moe's most-used and most-seen prop. Meanwhile, Bart tries to win Milhouse's friendship back after Milhouse is offended over Bart comparing him to Moe's dishrag.
- And I'm the Queen of Sheba: In response to the dishrag's claims of being originally a beautiful tapestry, a sponge sarcastically claims to be the Guttenberg Bible.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: When the Duke of Springfield's Medieval France counterpart dies, several people whack his body in celebration.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Mr. Burns' counterpart from Medieval France.
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: Whacking the corpse of the recently deceased Duke is considered by one of the rejoicers as the peak of French courage.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Mayor Quimby explains that the City Hall cannot be used for the meeting they're having at the beginning of the episode because of a bedbug infestation. He avoids answering when Flanders asks why the City Hall would have a bed.
- Hypocritical Humor:Homer: "...and that's why I don't believe there is a God. Thank you, and God bless America."
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Bart's and Lisa's Medieval France counterparts didn't grow up during the years their mother spent on the tapestry ordered by the Duke because they had too little food.