Recap: The Simpsons S 17 E 16 Million Dollar Abie
After attempting assisted suicide when the town blames Grampa for losing out on an NFL franchise, Grampa decides to get a new lease on life and becomes a matador.
- Charlie Chaplin Shout-Out: Grampa thinks he's dead and thinks he's in Heaven. His notion is further proven when he sees a Chaplin impersonator holding an advertising sign, and is amazed that he can talk.
- Double Entendre: "Old Man Beats Meat".
- Interrupted Suicide: Abe's was interrupted by a new law being passed on the nick of time.
- Oh Crap!: The doctor who was about to assist Abe's suicide when he learned one of his previous patients was Chief Wiggum's brother-in-law.
- Pun: The suicide machine is called the DiePod.
- Same Content, Different Rating: Because of the references to assisted suicide and animal cruelty (along with such crude innuendo as "Old Man Beats Meat" and Lenny saying he has "Touchdowns Syndrome"), this episode was given a TV-14 rating in America, while Australia gave this an M rating (which is like a TV-14 in America in that it's the highest rating a TV show can get on free-to-air TV, as the MA-15+ and R-18+ are reserved for cable shows and video games) and the UK gave this a 15 rating for discriminatory language, playing assisted suicide for laughs, and violence centered on animals.