Recap: The Simpsons S 16 E 16 Dont Fear The Roofer
Sick of being unwanted, Homer befriends a man who works as a roofer. However, no one else can see him and Homer's insistence that the roofer does exist prompts everyone to think he has gone crazy (again).
- Never My Fault: The people who blame Homer for ruining Lenny's surprise party were the ones who decided not to warn Homer about the party and placed a seat-shaped cake next to actual seats.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Ray Magini. The instances of Snuffy-esque bad timing aside, there are reasons why specific people couldn't see Ray:
- The bartender had an eyepatch on the eye that saw Ray.
- Flanders couldn't see him because he was behind the chimney.
- Bart... ...well, see Ass Pull.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero / Oh, Crap: Everyone reacts appropriately after Ray shows up after Homer finished his treatment (for seeing the "imaginary" Ray).
- Significant Anagram: Ray Magini is an anagram for "Imaginary". It's lampshaded by Lisa near the end. And then Ray shows up.
- Take That: When asked why he takes so long to show up and fix the roof, Ray explains that he's a contractor. The explanation is quickly accepted and one of the Simpsons even comments on how unreliable contractors are.
- With Family Like This: Marge and the family bitch Homer out like crazy about the house and stuff that happens due to the rain and when he gets a roofer to fix the roof and he takes forever to get back and fix the roof, they commit Homer to months of shock therapy because they jump to the conclusion that he's gone crazy.