Recap: The Simpsons S 16 E 15 Future Drama
Through Professor Frink's future machine, Bart and Lisa see their lives in the year 2013, where Bart steals Lisa's chances at going to an Ivy League school in order to impress a skater girl named Jenda while Homer (now separated from Marge and living in an underwater apartment) fights Krusty the Clown after Marge begins dating him.
- Bad News in a Good Way: After Burns gives Bart Lisa's scholarshipBart: Listen Lis, I gotta tell ya something. I'm going to Yale.
Lisa: What? I don't want to go the same college as you!
Bart: Then I got some great news, you're not going to Yale.
- Cloning Blues: Moe does this to himself in a attempt to help run his bar.
- Conveniently Timed Distraction: Bart is working for the Kwik-E-Mart and he makes a delivery to Mr. Burns at his mansion. He is held at gunpoint by Snake's combination phaser/cellphone, but Bart saves Mr. Burns when Snake is distracted by a phone call on his phaser and Bart knocks him out with a large diamond.
- Future Loser: Bart as per usual. Lisa further ahead in the future if Bart doesn't let her go to college.
- Guest Star: Amy Poehler as Jenda and John DiMaggio as Bender.
- Ignored Epiphany: Future Bart realizes his life isn't going anywhere and wishes he could tell his younger self to straighten up so he doesn't turn out like him. However in the present timeline, past Bart is busy flinging cards into a top hat as he's announcing this.
- I'll Kill You!: Homer to Krusty when he finds out he's dating Marge.
- Mushroom Samba: Ralph has one after Nelson spikes the punch.
- Parental Abandonment: Nelson does this to Sherri and Terri after they both give birth to twins who're his sons. Ironically doing the same thing his dad did to him.
- Take That: To Futurama (which, at the time, was canceled and rerunning on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] line-up)Bender: (After suddenly appearing in Homer and Bart's car after passing through a tunnel) Alright, you guys are my new best friends!
Homer: You wish, loser! (Homer tosses him out of the car and laughs as he breaks upon hitting the ground.)
- Teacher/Student Romance: Parodied at Moe's where Edna tries to seduce 18 year old Bart. It's nothing too squicky though.
- Took a Level in Badass: Milhouse got himself some muscles, but subverted as he still pines after Lisa.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Milhouse took one as a teenager, he's willing to let Lisa ruin her life just so he can be with her.