Recap: The Simpsons S14 E4 "Large Marge"
Marge's bosom should not
be that ample
When Marge mistakenly thinks Homer is flexing for other women during a stint building houses for Habitat for Humanity (he was actually reenacting how Marge was in labor with Bart), she opts for a liposuction, but gets breast implants by mistake. Meanwhile, Bart and Milhouse get Krusty the Clown in trouble when they imitate a stunt he did on an old episode of Batman
(the campy 1960s show with Adam West
as Batman) and Krusty is forced to get rid of anything considered imitable by the censors.
This episode contains examples of:
- Bait and Switch: Marge sees Homer seemingly flexing his arms in front of Cookie Kwan and Lindsay Naegle. As it turns out, he was demonstrating how Marge gave birth.
- Buxom Is Better: Every man in Springfield thinks so, thanks to Marge's Gag Boobs. So do lobsters apparently.
- Reality Ensues: Marge begins having back pains and is sexually objectified and harassed by every man in town; reconstructed when she flashes the crowd to distract the cops from getting ready to shoot Stampy the elephant (who had Homer, Milhouse, and Bart in its mouth) and makes Krusty out to be a hero.
- Call Back: There are before and after pictures of Moe from the season 11 episode when he got plastic surgery. Also, the doctor in this episode is the same one from "Pygmoelian."
- Crowd Song: All the adult male patrons at Luigi's (save Smithers) break into a rousing number about likening Marge's breasts to numerous awesome things in their lives (such as Comic Book Guy comparing them to "X-Men #3 in a Mylar bag" and the Sea Captain saying Marge is like Jacqueline Bissette in his favorite film The Deepnote ).
- Bart tries to do a Crowd Song too, but Homer stops him, citing that "With the economy the way it is, you're lucky you get soup."
- Gag Boobs: Marge gets a pair meant for one of Mayor Quimby's female interns by mistake.
- Monster Clown: Krusty is demonized as one in the episode due to "corrupting their children". His habits don't exactly help with that image, although he's comparatively back on good terms at the end.
- Shout-Out: One of the protest signs held when Krusty is being harassed by Moral Guardians has Beavis And Butthead and Jackass scratched out. Both of those shows were targets of censors and media watchdog groups for showing dangerous stunts that could influence children and more impressionable viewers to copy in real life (with mostly fatal consequences).
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Cookie Kwan and Lindsay Naegle become interested in Homer when they see him helping Lisa paint.
- The Bus Came Back: Stampy, who first appeared in the episode "Bart's Elephant", reappears at a Shoe Expo and is part of Bart's attempted plot to redeem Krusty in the eyes of Springfield.