Bart's offensive stand-up act for the International Olympic Committee costs Springfield the Games, and he is forced to work at the Springfield Retirement Home as punishment. Meanwhile, Homer tries to make use of the box of spring mascots he ordered that are now useless.
- Eye Scream: Lenny and Moe get a Spring in their eyes and the springs get tangled up.
- Got Volunteered: The punishment Bart and several of his classmates receive for making Springfield losing the chance of hosting the Games.
- Hypocrite: Principal Skinner punches Homer for being the father of the child who ruined Springfield's chances of hosting the Olympic Games while Skinner bears more blame for being the one who authorized Bart's offensive actions in the first place.
- Karma Houdini: Skinner doesn't receive any punishment for making Bart insult the Olympic Committee other than Chalmers asking him why he allowed Bart to perform the offensive act.
- Not This One, That One: As Bart is the last student to receive their volunteering assignment.
Bart: What are you gonna do to me?Skinner: Bart, not all community service is gang warfare and dangerous infection, and to illustrate that point here's where you'll be working.(Skinner points at a storefront)Bart: (excited) The Fireworks, Candy, and Puppy dog store!?Principal Skinner: No, no, no. Next to it.(Next to the store is the Springfield Retirement Home, where we see Jasper and the Old Jewish Man sitting. Grampa comes outside)Grandpa Simpson: Settle a bet: boil or mole?(Bart gapes in horror)