This episode provides examples of:
- Disposable Vagrant: The Garbageman is taking homeless people to work on his island as slaves because, as Don points out, most people don't notice, or care if vagrants go missing.
- Fat Bastard/ Fat Slob: the Garbageman is literally a ''big'' bad...
- Island Base: The Garbageman's home/base of operations is a literal island of garbage in the city harbor. As Leo puts it, he could be up to anything he wants to and no one would notice.
- King of the Homeless: The Professor
- Lame Pun Reaction: Mikey just can't seem to find a good catchphrase in this episode. Even the Garbageman wants to shut him up...
- The Bait: Mikey bemoans the fact that he's always the baitMikey: ...especially when we're hunting 'shark'!
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Leo assumes that this is how the Garbageman has been able to operate unhindered. A few payoffs to the right people, and as long as he doesn't draw too much attention to himself, his island is off the radar.