Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 10 The Shredder Strikes Part 1
After being proven wrong by Master Splinter that the weapon makes the ninja, Leonardo meets a mysterious man named Oroku Saki, the leader of the Foot Clan. In spite of previous skirmishes with the clan, Leo is offered a truce and a chance to fight against a "greater evil". Almost taken in by the offer, Leo's brothers encourage him to consult Splinter, who soon informs his sons of the true nature of the Foot Clan and the significance of their emblem.First appearance of Oroku Saki in his Shredder suit
This episode provides examples of:
- Arrow Catch: a version of this happens when Leonardo slices an arrow out of the air before it can harm him
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Oroku Saki initially pretends to be a good guy to get Leonardo on his side, but after Master Splinter reveals his true identity to the turtles Saki drops the charade.
- Come Alone: Saki invites Leo to a meeting, alone. Unbeknownst to Leo, his brothers follow him.
- Cool Sword: Oroku Saki gives Leo a 16th century sword as a 'token of [his] sincerity'.
- "Facing the Bullets" One-Liner: Yoshi's line: "He who lives without honor, will end without honor."
- Honor Before Reason: When Master Splinter tells the Turtles how he lost his Master Yoshi, he reveals that Yoshi was willing to die rather than give up information about his masters.
- Secret Test: Saki sets his Foot Ninja on Leo when he arrives to test Leo's skill firsthand.
- Shout-Out: Mikey's line after Leo sneaks off to meet the Shredder:
- With Us or Against Us: The Shredder."Those who are not with me are against me! And I'll crush anyone who opposes me."