Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 4 Meet Casey Jones
After losing his temper in a fight with Michelangelo, Raphael goes to the surface to let off some steam. Instead he runs across a masked vigilante named Casey Jones. His temper turns out to be worse than the turtle's, leading the two to butt heads. When Casey challenges Raph to a rematch, the Purple Dragons plan to get the drop on both of them.Meanwhile, Mikey bugs Donatello to build the guys a "Battle Shell".First appearance of Casey Jones (duh)
This episode provides examples of:
- Adventure Rebuff: Splinter tries this, albeit unsuccessfully.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Raphael. Also the first episode to focus primarily on one turtle, rather than the whole group.
- Chekhov's Skill: Earlier in the episode, Leonardo is training with Splinter to master the split kick. In the episode's climactic battle, Leo shows his brothers that he's mastered it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Casey tells Raph that when he was a kid, the Purple Dragons burned down his father's shop. Later episodes imply he was killed by the Dragons not long after that.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Normally when Casey goes into battle, he shouts "Goongala!". He ironically does not in his debut appearance.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Casey with Raph and, eventually, the other Turtles.
- Good Is Not Nice: Casey Jones. He gets better though.
- Precision F-Strike: Well, the best they could do for a kids' show at least.Raph: Hockey season's over. (knocks the hockey stick out of Casey's hands)
Casey: Yeah? (takes out two baseball bats) Well baseball's in season. And so are you, you freaky, freakin' weirdo! Batter up!
- Rule of Three: Leo performs the aforementioned split kick technique three times in a row.
- Single Tear: Casey, after he tells Raph the story about the Purple Dragons threatening his dad.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Leo and Don call Raph out when he loses his temper and almost attacks Mikey with a metal pipe.Leonardo: Raphael! Have you lost your mind?!Donatello: You OK, Mikey? What were you thinking, Raph?!