Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 5 Nano
A small-time thief goes on a crime spree when he stumbles upon a form of artificial intelligence made of nanotechnology that escaped from its containment. When the crook and his ward reach April's new antique shop, "2nd Time Around", they face off against Casey and the Turtles.
On another note, April and Casey meet for the first time in this episode when the turtles bring him along to help out at April's shop, but their relationship is off to kind of a rocky start.First appearance of Nanobot
This episode provides examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: Poor Nano.
- Cradling Your Kill: An interesting case occurs when Harry picks up Nano's mask after he accidentally causes Nano's "death". Since the mask is all that is left of Nano it counts, since Harry holds it in his arms and talks to it as though it is Nano
- Jerkass: Harry, the nanobot's "daddy".
- Nano Machines: Guess who?
- Manchild: Nanobot has the mind of a little kid, possibly a toddler.
- Meet Cute: April and Casey's first conversation is very awkward.
- Mistaken for Aliens: Harry mistakenly thinks the turtles are invaders from Mars...
- Shout-Out: The Turtles first try and take out Nano in a trash compactor, then dump him in molten lava.