Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 3 Attack Of The Mousers
After fainting from their initial encounter, April O'Neil wakes up in the Turtles' lair. It is here April learns of the Turtles' origin, and when they all agree that Baxter Stockman and his rampaging Mousers must be stopped.First appearance of Hun
This episode provides examples of:
- Another Story for Another Time: Splinter tells April about how he and the Turtles were mutated, but when she asks him how he could've known martial arts, he responds with, "That is a story for another time."
- Cut the Juice: Subverted—April explains to the Turtles that the only way she could stop the mouser-robots was by activating an "overload" sequence.
- Freak Out: April the first time she wakes up and sees the Turtles.
- I Warned You: Before Stockman's dragged off, the Shredder reminds him that was warned about the price for failure.
- Metamorphosis: This episode reveals how the Turtles and Splinter met and were mutated.
- Oh, Crap!: Stockman when bumping into Hun while trying to escape.
- Origins Episode: Part of the episode is Splinter telling April of how he and his sons became more than ordinary turtles and a rat.
- The Power of Trust: When Splinter analyzes April as she swears to keep this secret —
Leo: Is this another lesson, sensei? Sensing the truth?
Splinter: No, it's called trusting your gut.
- Shout-Out: Mikey's opening narration quotes Kermit the Frog.
"A very wise frog once said, 'It's not easy being green.'"
- Suddenly Voiced: During the flashback, Splinter recalls being amazed when the Turtles actually began talking.
- That Was Not a Dream: April tries so hard to invoke All Just a Dream after waking up from her first encounter with the Turtles. She almost succeeds, but she passes out after seeing Splinter.
- This Cannot Be!: Stockman's mutter of "impossible" when the Turtles bypass his lasers and destroying them.
- What the Hell Are You?: Stockman, regarding on the Turtles.
Stockman: What are you?!
April: They're with me!
- You Have Failed Me: Stockman suffers the first of his many, many painful punishments at the hands of the Shredder. He loses his left eye in this episode.
- You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You: April points out to Master Splinter and the turtles that even if she did tell anyone about their existence, they probably wouldn't believe her—even Leo and Mikey agree that April does have a point in what she's saying.