Starfire: On my planet, Rekmas means "The Drifting," the point in which close friends begin to drift apart... and their friendship begins to die...
Robin: We're not going to drift apart, Star. I promise. We'll all be friends forever.
Starfire: Forever?Starfire notices all her friends drifting apart and tries to call their attention to it. Then, in a fight with a time-travelling thief, Starfire gets sucked into the future, where her fear has come true. Cyborg is confined to Titans Tower due to his final battery giving out, and him having to remain plugged into the tower's power source at all times. Beast Boy has become afraid of everything, locking himself in a cage to keep passersby away. Raven has lost her mind, believing herself to be hallucinating Starfire when she tries to visit. Finally, Starfire runs into Nightwing, who helps her figure out how to get back to her time, and reforms the (no longer Teen) Titans.
- Bad Future: The future Starfire travels to is undeniably this.
- Dare to Be Badass:Starfire: (resigned) There is nothing you can do. There is nothing anyone can do. The past cannot be repaired, the future cannot be altered, no matter how wrong it seems.Nightwing: Good. If memory serves, we've done the impossible before.
- Expy: The two punks who throw things at Beast Boy are based, appearance-wise, on the thugs in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
- The Freakshow: Where Beast Boy has wound up.
- Future Badass: Robin is the only Titan to get more badass.
- Future Loser: Arguably all the Titans to varying degrees, but most glaringly Beast Boy.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: Raven. She gets better, though.
- Gondor Calls for Aid / Putting the Band Back Together: Nightwing summons the former Titans for help by using one of their old communicators.
- Gone to the Future: What happened when Starfire time traveled.
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: The future Beast Boy is balding. The present Beast Boy does not take it well when he learns this.
- Hannibal Lecture: Warp tries to crush Starfire's already-shaken spirit by telling her that the future cannot be altered.
- The Heart: This episode highlights Starfire's role as this. With her gone, Cyborg loses his humanity, Raven hides in her shell, Robin throws himself into his work, and Beast Boy lets his insecurities get the better of him.
- Mythology Gag:
- Besides the obvious (Robin becoming Nightwing as an adult), there's also how Nightwing stores his Robin costume, which is reminiscent of how Batman stores the costumes of retired or dead Robins.
- Before we see Robin's HQ we are treated to a transition that shows a series of clockwork gears. Implying that Nightwing is using Oracle's HQ.
- Properly Paranoid:
- Starfire's fears of the Titans potentially breaking up actually happens after her disappearance to the Bad Future. This fear spreads to the Titans in the present, who quickly celebrate Blorthog.
- Future Raven's rejection of past Starfire being real, due to the fact that she hallucinated her before.
- Screw Destiny: Starfire delivers a speech that sums this up.
- Ship Tease: Starfire and Nightwing's interactions in this episode are semi-romantic.
- Kind of blatant actually. And just a little awkward (and not to mention confusing) considering Nightwing is somewhere around his mid-thirties.
- Snow Means Death: Starfire finds herself in a snowy environment when she discovers the Teen Titans had collapsed in her absence.
- Stable Time Loop:
- Warp claims that the device he stole was recorded as stolen in his future, thus he was only invoking this. Subverted when Starfire manages to resteal it following Warp getting turned into a baby.
- Starfire when she comes back tells the Titans everything. Robin ends the episode by saying, "So Nightwing, huh?"
- White Void Room: Raven's chamber.