Season 7, Episode 16
Out With The Old
A ballerina is killed by a pair of cursed dancing shoes, and the brothers must track down several other cursed objects that have been sold amongst the locals. However, that's the least of the brothers' concerns when they discover that the store where the shoes were sold has been bought out by Leviathans.
- A Rare Sentence: "Monsters cure cancer. A sentence I never thought I'd say."
- Artifact of Doom
- Bad Boss: Joyce, to George.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The cursed gramaphone brainwashes people into killing whoever touched it.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: At one point, Sam mentions that Lucifer is currently singing "Stairway to Heaven".
Dean: Good song.
Sam: Not fifty times in a row.
- Failed a Spot Check: Scott Freeman. Even if he didn't believe in mysticism, how on earth did he miss the fact that every box and the walls in his hunter mother's safe were adorned with sigils and wards, thereby implying that all the cursed objects she put there was done so for a damn good reason?
- I'm a Humanitarian: George helps the Winchesters kill Joyce- so he can eat her.
- Involuntary Dance: The cursed ballet shoes cause this (possibly a Shout-Out to The Red Shoes fairy tale).
- Loose Lips: Discussed.
- The Sleepless: It's revealed that Lucifer isn't letting Sam sleep; eventually Sam falls asleep behind the wheel and is nearly hit by a semi-truck.
- Tempting Fate: This little exchange:
George: Why don't you just make another (cup of coffee)?
Coffee Vendor: Here's an idea: why don't you eat me?
George: ... Don't tempt me.
- Punny Name: The "vintage gentleman's magazine" was sold to a man named "Yankit".
- Villainous Demotivator
- You Do Not Want To Know: One of the cursed items is a vintage gentleman's magazine. Dean wonders "how old porn can kill you", to which Sam name-drops this trope; after retrieving it off-screen, Dean comes to agree.