Season 6, Episode 14
Mannequin 3: The ReckoningWritten by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin.Directed by David Barrett.Air Date: February 18, 2011.While Dean is called home to help Lisa, Sam investigates the case of a missing woman and discovers she was the butt of a cruel practical joke played on her by her coworkers.
Body Count:For this episode = 4 humans and 1 ghost.For the series so far = At least 444 humans (of which 6 were witches), 77 demons, 34 ghosts, 26 vampires, 19 zombies, 14 gods, 11 angels, 9 hellhounds, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 shapeshifters, 4 ghouls, 3 djinn, 2 Arachnes, 2 dogs, 2 werewolves, 1 crocotta, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 lamia, 1 okami, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- Armor-Piercing Question: From Ben to Dean.Ben: You're a liar, Dean. You say family's so important to you. Well, what do you call someone who loves you even when you're a dick? You know you're walking out on your family, right?
- The Atoner: The first victim, the janitor. According to everyone who knew him, he was a saint. Went to church, helped everyone all the time, rubbed his girlfriend's feet during Glee.
- Big Brother Is Watching: Name-dropped by Dean when he notices the security camera in the science lab.
- Bittersweet Ending verging on Downer Ending: They stopped the ghost, but only because Isabel (who had Rose's kidney) died. Ben's heartbroken over Dean leaving and Lisa's trying to get over him because she can't wait for Sam to call and tell her Dean's dead anymore. She's also mad at Dean for coming back every time she starts to move on. It's not for nothing the brothers aren't "putting it in the win column".
- Car Fu: Attempted by the ghost with the beloved Impala against Dean.
- Disposing of a Body: Rose's body is buried in the woods.
- Fourth Date Marriage: Ben's awareness of this trope is why he calls Dean in a panic on Lisa's third date with Matt.Ben: It was an emergency.Dean: A date's not an emergency, Ben.Ben: It is if it's the third one. I watch TV. I know what that means.
- Ghostly Chill
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Dean muses that as they're going to New Jersey they might see Snooki. When Sam asks, "What's a Snooki?" Dean quips, "That's a good question." Snooki turns out to be a crossroads demon in Season 9's "Blade Runners."
- Murderous Mannequin: It's in the title.
- Our Ghosts are Different: They can possess kidneys as well.
- Prank Date: One that turned into a Deadly Prank.
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: "Love Hurts".
- What the Hell, Hero?: Dean gets one from Ben for abandoning him and Lisa.
- Who's Laughing Now?: The co-workers played a prank on Rose, but she fell and hit her head, dying from it.