The enemy of my enemy is my friend.Savage Opress has finally found his brother, Darth Maul, crippled and insane as a result of his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Now Savage brings Maul to their home planet, where Mother Talzin, the Nightsister shaman-witch, might help him recover...
- All There in the Manual: Obi-Wan and Ventress escape the transport by using the specially built cockpit/escape-ship, apparently leaving Savage and Maul drifting in space. However the episode guide reveals that the room in which the brothers discuss their next steps at the end of the episode is a secondary cockpit for the transport.
- Atop a Mountain of Corpses: Maul is standing on one when he first appears to Obi-Wan on Raydonia.
- Best Served Cold: By the end of the episode, Maul realises that after waiting for his revenge for so long, he really can afford to wait a little longer.
- Body Horror: Maul's transformation by Mother Talzin.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Obi-Wan pretends he doesn't know Maul, but Maul rebuts this by calling him out on forgetting Qui-Gon's death so easily.
- Call-Forward; When Maul and Savage arrive on Raydonia, we see a shot of Maul igniting his lightsaber in the same way Anakin does in Revenge of the Sith that serves as the page picture for Villainy Discretion Shot.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Obi-Wan and Ventress barely escaping in the cockpit/escape ship. Savage wants to go after them, fearing that the Jedi will know too much if they inform them, but Maul dismisses his concerns, counting on the Jedi to come after the two of them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Savage effortlessly defeats Obi-Wan in their brief duel. Of course it helps that Obi-Wan is distracted by Maul's presence, and he didn't expect Savage to be there either.
- Enemy Mine: Obi-Wan and Ventress team up against Maul and Savage. Bonus points since Maul has taken Obi-Wan's lightsaber from him, so Ventress lends Obi-Wan one of hers.Ventress: I want that back.
Obi-Wan: That's fine. Red's not my color.
- Genre Blindness: Obi-Wan insists on going alone to Raydonia, where Maul waits for him, because he fears if he goes there with a Jedi strike team, Maul will slaughter all the villagers. Maul and Savage of course slaughter them before he arrives anyway.
- He's Back: Maul finally regains his sanity, and is dead set on getting revenge on Obi-Wan.
- I Shall Taunt You:Maul: Your master, Qui-Gon Jinn; I gutted him, while you stood helpless and watched! How did that make you feel, Obi-Wan?
- Large Ham: Maul is really Chewing the Scenery during his speech about his hatred towards Obi-Wan.
- Mythology Gag: Maul's second set of legs are based on his appearance from the Old Wounds comic.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Savage and Maul beat up Obi-Wan really badly.
- The Power of Hate: How did Maul survive his bisection at Naboo? His hatred for Obi-Wan fuelled him to stay alive.
- Rule of Cool: A lightsaber battle between 3 former Sith and a Jedi, involving the Jedi teaming up with a Sith and everyone welding red lightsabers? Awesome.
- Satanic Archetype: As if Maul wasn't this based on his appearance normally, he reintroduces himself to Obi-Wan on Raydonia backlit by a burning building, and standing on a pile of corpses.
- Sibling Team: Maul and Savage.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Ventress and Obi-Wan.
- Special Edition Title: The opening logo is red instead of yellow, for this and "Brothers".
- Staggered Zoom: When Maul runs out of the cave on Dathomir and screams to the sky, the camera jump-zooms out twice to emphasize his volume.
- Tempting Fate: Obi Wan says that he will defeat Maul again just like last time — right before Savage shows up to kick his ass. This is even lampshaded by Maul:Maul: [chuckling darkly] Don't be so certain.