This episode provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Obi-Wan and Ventress escaped the transport by using the specially built cockpit-escapeship, apparently leaving Savage and Maul drifting in space. However the episode guide reveals that the room the brothers discussed what should they do at the end of the episode is a secondary cockpit for the transport.
- Best Served Cold: By the end of the episode Maul realised that after waiting for his revenge for so long, he really can afford to wait a little longer.
- Body Horror: Maul's transformation by Mother Talzin.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Obi-Wan pretends he doesn't know Maul, but Maul rebbuts this by calling him out on forgetting Qui-Gon's death so easily.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Obi-Wan and Ventress barely escaping with the cockpit-escape ship. Savage wants to go after them, fearing that the Jedi will know too much if they inform them, but Maul dismisses his concerns with him expecting the Jedi to come after the two of them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Savage effortlessly defeated Obi-Wan in their brief duel. Of course it helped that Obi-Wan was distracted by Maul's presence, and he didn't expect Savage to be there either.
- Enemy Mine: Obi-Wan and Ventress team up against Maul and Savage. Bonus points as since Maul has taken Obi-Wan's lightsaber from him, Ventress lends Obi-Wan one of hers.Ventress: I want that back.
Obi-Wan: That's fine. Red's not my color.
- Genre Blindness: Obi-Wan insisted to go alone to Raydonia, where Maul waited him, because he feared if he went there with a Jedi strike team, Maul would slaughter all the villagers. Maul and Savage of course slaughter them well ahead anyway.
- He's Back: Maul finally regains his sanity, and is dead set on getting revenge on Obi-Wan.
- Large Ham: Maul was really Chewing the Scenery during his speech about his hatred towards Obi-Wan.
- Mythology Gag: Maul's second set of legs are based on his appearance from the Old Wounds comic.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Savage and Maul beat up Obi-Wan really badly.
- The Power of Hate: How did Maul survive his bisection at Naboo? His hatred for Obi-Wan fueled him to stay alive.
- Rule of Cool: A lightsaber battle between 3 former Sith and a Jedi, involving the Jedi teaming up with a Sith and everyone welding red lightsabers? Awesome.
- Sibling Team: Maul and Savage.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Ventress and Obi-Wan.
- Special Edition Title: The opening logo is red instead of yellow, for this and "Brothers."
- Tempting Fate: Obi Wan says that he will defeat Maul again just like last time . . . right before Savage shows up to kick his ass. This is even lampshaded by Maul:Maul(chuckling darkly): Don't be so certain.