Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 4 E 22 Revenge
Warning! This page contains major unmarked spoilers!
- "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."Episode Morale
This episode provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Obi-Wan and Ventress escaped the transport by using the specially built cockpit-escapeship, apparently leaving Savage and Maul drifting in space. However the episode guide reveals that the room the brothers discussed what should they do at the end of the episode is a secondary cockpit for the transport.
- Best Served Cold: By the end of the episode Maul realised that after waiting for his revenge for so long, he really can afford to wait a little longer.
- Body Horror: Maul's transformation by Mother Talzin.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Obi Wan pretends he doesn't know Maul, but Maul rebbuts this by calling him out on forgetting Qui-Gon's death so easily.
- Cliff Hanger: The episode ends with Obi-Wan and Ventress barely escaping with the cockpit-escape ship. Savage wants to go after them, fearing that the Jedi will know too much if they inform them, but Maul dismisses his concerns with him expecting the Jedi to come after the two of them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Savage effortlessly defeated Obi-Wan in their brief duel. Of course it helped that Obi-Wan was distracted by Maul's presence, and he didn't expect Savage to be there either.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Maul knew exactly what to do to get Obi-Wan to come and face him alone. Also knowing that anger would throw Obi-Wan out of balance, he brought up the death of Qui-Gon in their duel.
- Enemy Mine: Obi-Wan and Ventress team up against Maul and Savage.
- Genre Blindness: Obi-Wan insisted to go alone to Raydonia, where Maul waited him, because he feared if he went there with a Jedi strike team, Maul would slaughter all the villagers. Maul and Savage of course slaughter them well ahead anyway.
- He's Back: Maul finally regains his sanity, and is dead set on getting revenge on Obi-Wan.
- Large Ham: Maul was really Chewing the Scenery during his speech about his hatred towards Obi-Wan.
- Mythology Gag: Maul's second set of legs are based on his appearance from the Old Wounds comic.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Savage and Maul beat up Obi-Wan really badly.
- The Power of Hate: How did Maul survive his bisection at Naboo? His hatred for Obi-Wan fueled him to stay alive.
- Sibling Team: Maul and Savage.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Ventress and Obi-Wan.
- Special Edition Title: The opening logo is red instead of yellow, for this and "Brothers."
Star Wars The Clone Wars S 4 E 21 Brothers Recap/Star Wars The Clone Wars Shadow Conspiracy Saga Star Wars The Clone Wars Shadow Collective Arc
Star Wars The Clone Wars S 4 E 21 Brothers Recap/Star Wars The Clone Wars Nightsisters And Brothers Arc
Star Wars The Clone Wars S 4 E 21 Brothers Recap/Star Wars: The Clone Wars Star Wars The Clone Wars S 5 E 1 Revival