A fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished.Savage Opress is finally reaching the end of his quest to find his long lost brother.
This episode provide examples of:
- Body Horror: Maul looks absolutely horrible when Savage finds him.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Darth Maul, of course, is still missing his lower half after Obi-Wan sliced him in two during The Phantom Menace. He's attached himself to a mechanical spider-like collection of legs that carries him around.
- Hostile Weather: On Lotho Minor the acid rain is so undiluted that it immediately starts to melt Savage's armour. Of course understandable, given the planet is a Landfill Beyond the Stars.
- Landfill Beyond the Stars: Lotho Minor joins Raxus Prime and Ord Mantell as another planet where the denizens of the galaxy far, far away dump all their garbage. It's home to a few locals, including a tribe of possibly mechanical beings and a talking snake that lures in victims for Darth Maul to kill, then eats the leftovers.
- Laughing Mad: Maul. And crying and weeping mad, too — he swings between emotions at the drop of a hat.
- Missed Him by That Much: The episode begins with Savage choking a waitress in a diner, before running out following the trail from the amulet Mother Talzin gave him. Moments later, Anakin and Ahsoka enter in search of food that isn't standard rations. They even ask the waitress if something happened, but she says it's nothing to worry about.
- Mood-Swinger: Darth Maul starts a sentence with one emotion and might express two or three others before it's over.
- Mundane Utility: While wandering Maul's catacomb beneath the surface, Savage uses his lightsaber as a lantern.
- Shout-Out: Morley and Maul give off a strong Gollum and Shelob vibe, complete with the latter resembling a spider.
- Special Edition Title: The opening logo is red instead of yellow, for this and "Revenge".
- Spider People: Maul has built himself a crude spider-like apparatus to get around on. According to Filoni, he used the Force to build it.