Strength of character can defeat strength in numbers.After his narrow escape from Raydonia, Obi-Wan Kenobi teams up with his fellow Council member Adi Gallia and tracks down Darth Maul and his brother-turned-apprentice Savage Opress to Florrum, where the Sith brothers attempt to take over the leadership of Hondo Ohnaka's pirate gang, which they want to use for their own means.
- Anachronic Order: This episode was intentionally pushed up to be the season 5 premiere by the producers, which is why later episodes feature Adi Gallia still alive on the council and Hondo's base being completely intact. However, the DVD release puts it in the proper chronological roder.
- An Arm and a Leg: Obi-Wan cuts off one of Savage's arms, and breaks his knee with repeated kicks to it.
- Arson, Murder, and Admiration: Hondo's reaction, when he learns some of his men have betrayed him.Hondo: Traitors! Scum! I'm so proud!
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The blasters of the pirates who stay loyal to Hondo fire blue bolts, while those who are persuaded to join Maul and Savage shoot red. When Hondo persuades those pirates back to his side, their blasters start firing blue. This is the only time in this show that something like this has happened within an episode, although there have been several occasions where the blaster bolt colour of bounty hunter characters changes between episodes depending on whether they are currently with or against the protagonists.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: For Adi Gallia — being impaled on the horns of a Horned Humanoid, then stabbed by his lightsaber certainly qualifies.
- Dual Wielding: Obi-Wan takes up Adi Gallia's lightsaber in his left hand when facing the brothers on his own. And it is awesome.
- Enemy Mine: For the second time while facing the two Sith brothers, Obi-Wan teams up with someone who was a previous enemy of his. This time, it's Hondo and his gang of pirates.
- Evil Versus Evil:
- Savage's reluctance to accept that his brother wants to force him into the role of servant results in a brief confrontation between them.
- Later the fight between the members of Hondo's gang who join the brothers and those who remain loyal to him.
- Four is Death: In a meta-example, this is the fourth episode Adi Gallia has an active role in. Also, in "Witches of the Mist", there were four Council members waiting for the remains of Savage Opress' first victims to be brought back to the Temple. Gallia was the first to speak of the brutality of their murder, and the only one among them who isn't alive by the time of Revenge of the Sith.
- Idiot Ball: After his previous encounter with Maul and Savage, you'd think Obi-Wan would bring in more Jedi to deal with the extremely powerful Sith and pirates. Instead, he only brings one Jedi Master, who is killed by the end of the episode.
- Killed Off for Real: Adi Gallia is killed by Savage.
- Standard Hollywood Strafing Procedure: The traitorous pirates begin their attack on Hondo's base by sending fighters to strafe it, complete with parallel lasers firing into the ground, cutting down Hondo's Mooks. Hondo himself stands his ground between the two lines of fire and is not hit.
- Traitor Shot: Palpatine, glaring at the camera while sitting at his desk and steepling his fingers.