Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 06 E 08 Resurrection
Someone beams onto the station even though there are no ships in the area. It turns out to be Bareil Antos, the decidedly non-religious Mirror Universe
version of Vedek Bareil, Kira's dead lover. He takes her prisoner but she quickly turns the tables on him. He says she can send him to prison, and asks only that she not send him back to the Mirror Universe. She decides not to press charges, and begins spending time with him. Sisko warns her not to expect him to be anything like the man she knew and loved, but that's easier said than done.
- Call Back: Captain Boday nets another mention during Dax and Kira's discussion about a dinner date.
- Contrived Coincidence: As per usual with Mirror Universe episodes. It turns out Mirror Bareil is Mirror Kira's lover, just like Vedek Bareil was Kira's, even though the circumstances that caused Vedek Bareil and Kira to meet in the regular universe do not exist in the Mirror Universe.
- Although knowing that Mirror Kira is sort of a nymphomaniac, the odds of her having plenty of lovers isn't outside the realm of possibility...
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: Bareil Antos.
- Heel-Face Turn: Bareil had initially come over to steal the Orb of Prophecy and Change for Intendant Kira, but after developing feelings for Major Kira he can't go through with it.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Mirror!Bariel's disruptor has a cracked power cell. Kira points this out right before kicking his ass.