Recap / Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 06 E 08 Resurrection
Someone beams onto the station even though there are no ships in the area. It turns out to be Bareil Antos, the decidedly non-religious Mirror Universe
version of Vedek Bareil, Kira's dead lover. He takes her prisoner but she quickly turns the tables on him. He says she can send him to prison, and asks only that she not send him back to the Mirror Universe. She decides not to press charges, and begins spending time with him. Sisko warns her not to expect him to be anything like the man she knew and loved, but that's easier said than done.
- Betty and Veronica: A sci-fi version, when Bareil has to chose between the Intendent and Kira. Kira on the other hand has her memories of Bareil versus the Mirror version.
- Birds of a Feather: It's Quark who realises that Bareil is up to no good, and tips off Kira about it.
- Call Back:
- Captain Boday nets another mention during Dax and Kira's discussion about a dinner date.
- Kira reminds Quark that he also had an experience with an Orb of the Prophets.
- Contrived Coincidence: As per usual with Mirror Universe episodes. It turns out Mirror Bareil is Mirror Kira's lover, just like Vedek Bareil was Kira's, even though the circumstances that caused Vedek Bareil and Kira to meet in the regular universe do not exist in the Mirror Universe. Then again, if Bareil even visited the station in the past, the odds of Mirror Kira sleeping with him are fairly good.
- Delicious Distraction: In the middle of exchanging death threats with Sisko and taking Kira hostage, Bareil snatches a biscuit to eat.
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: Bareil Antos.
- Heel–Face Turn: Bareil had initially come over to steal the Orb of Prophecy and Change for Intendant Kira, but after developing feelings for Major Kira he can't go through with it.
- It's What I Do: Mirror Bariel was tempted by the future he saw in the Orb, but accepts that he'd only ruin things if he settled down with Kira, and he belongs in the Mirror Universe as a thief.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Mirror!Bariel's disruptor has a cracked power cell. Kira points this out right before kicking his ass.
- Loveable Rogue: Mirror Bareil.
- Sexy Walk: The Intendent (particularly noticeable when she dresses like Kira).
- Show Some Leg: The Intendent gets a Bajoran guard to massage her shoulders, then elbows him in the gut.
- Standard Female Grab Area: Subverted; at first Bareil is holding Kira in front of him as a Human Shield. By the time he grabs her this way, Kira is a Play-Along Prisoner, knowing that Bareil's weapon doesn't work and he won't make it off the station anyway.
- This Cannot Be!: Kira's reaction to meeting Bareil.
- Was It All a Lie?: Lampshaded in the confrontation between Kira and her evil counterpart. Fortunately Bareil decides he prefers version 2 over version 1.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Bareil is confident that he can talk the Intendent out of executing him, but we never see him again, so it's possible that he didn't.