Recap / Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 03 E 10 Fascination
Season 3, Episode 10
Lwaxana Troi visits the station for the Bajoran Gratitude Festival, but wherever she goes, people's existing romantic relationships are suddenly on the rocks, while others develop spontaneous crushes on very unlikely partners.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Living Aphrodisiac: Lwaxana Troi, though unintentionally.
- Love Is in the Air: Lwaxana's Zanthi fever caused her to project her emotions onto the people around her, the emotion in this case being lust. However, Bashir points out that people are nevertheless acting on latent attractions.
- Love Triangle: Lwaxana is interested in Odo. Odo is interested in Kira. Kira is interested in Bareil
- Non-Action Guy: When Vedek Bareil wants to fight Sisko for Jadzia's love, Sisko No Sells a punch directly to his face and easily blocks all of the following punches. And then Bareil gets Curb-Stomped by Jadzia.
- Out-of-Character Alert: Thanks to Mrs. Troi and her psychic space flu, the whole station turns loopy.
- Seduction-Proof Marriage: While almost everyone else is going loopy and falling in love, Miles and Keiko don't show even the slightest hint of attraction to any third party.
- Squick: Sisko is very disturbed when Dax starts coming on to him, most likely in part because Dax was an old man for the better part of their friendship. Surpassed only by Keiko's expression when Quark starts rubbing his ears on her.