Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 03 E 03 The House Of Quark
A drunken Klingon attacks Quark but is accidentally killed with his own knife. Quark plays up the story to imply that he defeated the Klingon in battle, but when members of the Klingon's family show up, he finds himself abducted and married to the man's widow.
- Amicably Divorced: Grilka ritually slaps Quark and spits on him to signal the divorce. But then they part amicably.
- Batman Gambit: How Quark gets out of having to fight a duel with D'Ghor. Instead of attempting to put up a fight, he throws away his weapon, pointing out that him against D'Ghor is basically an execution anyway. By refusing to fight, he removes all pretense of D'Ghor defeating him in 'honorable combat'. When D'Ghor attempts to kill him anyways, Gowron summarily rules against him.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Grilka has some downright impressive eyebrows.
- Dirty Coward: D'Ghor. No respectable Klingon uses money to defeat his opponents. And no respectable Klingon would be so eager to perform an execution of an unarmed Ferengi in what was supposed to be an honorable duel.
- Take a Third Option: Quark is forced into a duel of honor with D'Ghor, which would end either with him killing D'Ghor (very unlikely), or with D'Ghor killing him (quite likely). However, Quark comes up with a solution where he manages to point out the hypocrisy of the Klingon honor code without needing to fight at all.