Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 01 E 12 Vortex
Odo is parked in his usual spot at Quarks, grilling the crooked Ferengi over his supposed connection a ship of Miradorn raiders who have docked at DS9.Quark insists he's not affiliated with them(And that they aren't raiders). He then questions him over a suspicious customer at the end of the bar. Before they can discuss him at length, the Miradorn twins Ah-Kel and Ro-Kel enter the bar, and offer a nod Quarks way. Though he says it's just common courtesy to the bartender, he and Rom quickly shuffle off to the back with 5 glasses.The twins are trying to pawn off a valuable egg shaped bauble. Quark questions if it was stolen, but the party is crashed before they can make a deal. The quiet customer, Croden, enters them room with a phaser, demanding to be given the item. A gunfight breaks out, and Ro-Kel is killed in the scuffle. The fight is interrupted by Odo, who was disguised as one of the glasses Rom took into the room.
- Quark: Five glasses for four people?!
- Odo: "Home? Where is it? Some day we'll know... cousin."
This episode provides examples of:
- Acting for Two: Ah-Kel and Ro-Kel are both played by Randy Oglesby
- Insistent Terminology: Croden doesn't lie. He "Dissembles".
- Karma Houdini: Sympathetic backstory aside, Croden still gets away with the murder of Ro-Kel.
- You Talk Too Much:Odo: I think I finally figured out what crime you were found guilty of on your world.Croden: What's that?Odo: You talk too much.