Sandy's Rocket provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: Sandy's collecting guns, which shoot nets to capture samples. SpongeBob and Patrick use it to trap "aliens".
- Accidental Murder: Implied to be the case with the "whirlybird" incident.
- Black Comedy: SpongeBob apparently has killed a lot of people during the "mishap with [sandy's] whirlybird", judging on the size of the graveyard she shows him.
- Boomerang Bigot: Patrick, when he believes he's an alien.
- The Ditz: Patrick. He holds the gun backwards, causing him to trap himself instead of Spongebob.
- Eldritch Abomination: What SpongeBob and Patrick see everyone in Bikini Bottom after they crashland the ship.
- Mistaken for Aliens: SpongeBob and Patrick think their friends are aliens and start capturing them. In the end, each thinks the other is an alien as well.
- Platonic Cave: SpongeBob thinks this is why the moon looks just like Bikini Bottom. "The aliens must be projecting our thoughts into the environment."
- They Look Like Us Now: What SpongeBob and Patrick assume when they see all their friends on what they think is the moon.
- Wrong Turn at Albuquerque: The rocket actually missed the moon and landed back on Bikini Bottom, but SpongeBob and Patrick don't know that.
Airdate: September 4, 1999Squeaky Boots: After getting Pearl the wrong gift for her birthday, Mr. Krabs gives Spongebob a pair of boots, which Spongebob adores. He doesn't take them off, and it results in Mr. Krabs stealing them back and hiding them from Spongebob. Spongebob finds out, and Mr. Krabs is left with a tough decision.
Squeaky Boots provides examples of:
- Ax-Crazy: Mr. Krabs after Spongebob's boots are hidden under the floorboards of the Krusty Krab, and he keeps hearing the squeaking sounds everywhere he looks.
- Counting Sheep: Krabs counts money jumping into his cash register to try to get some sleep.
- Furry Confusion: One of Pearl's friends, Sheila, is an anthropomorphic squid.
- Shout-Out: Edgar Allan Poe's, "The Tell Tale Heart".
- Terrible Ticking: "It's the squeaking of the hideous boots!"