Airdate: March 8, 2002
After SpongeBob receives a very small role in a commercial, he goes from thinking people are recognizing him to straight out Hollywood Superstar mode. Unfortunately, this has a negative effect on his job, which he gives up in order to pursue his "new career" as an entertainer.
As Seen on TV contains examples of (YMMV here):
Airdate: March 8, 2002
Mr. Krabs first dime
goes missing, and his first suspect is his cashier, Squidward Tentacles. Outraged at his boss's first instinct to point fingers at him, Squidward quits and storms out of the building. After a while, SpongeBob finds him on the side of the road, living in a cardboard box. Being the gracious person he is, he decides to take him in, only for Squidward to take advantage of his hospitality.
Can You Spare a Dime contains examples of (YMMV here):
- Beware the Nice Ones
SpongeBob: Listen, you crustaceous cheapskate! Squidward's been living in my house driving me crazy! And you're not gonna hire him back ALL BECAUSE OF A STUPID DIME!?
- Body Horror: When Spongebob lifts up Squidward's shirt and both his and Squidward's hearts join together, beating.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs
Squidward: I can be anything I set my mind to! I can be a football player! Or a king! Or a spaceman!
SpongeBob: Or a football-playing king in space! ...With a mustache!
- Break the Cutie: SpongeBob. After keeping Squidward for a period of time so long that the old narrator who reads the time cards actually quits, he finally breaks- a hole in the wall, that is, and screams while pushing his bed, with Squidward in it, all the way to the Krusty Krab and almost strangles his boss.
- French Maid Outfit: Squidward forces SpongeBob to wear one.
- Gilligan Cut: "The next time you see me, I'll have this town eating at the palm of my hand." Cut to Squidward begging for change on the sidewalk.
- Hammer Space: Mr. Krabs' dime falls out of his pocket... and it's a giant stone wheel as big as he is.
SpongeBob: That's a dime?
Mr. Krabs: I've been in business a long time, boy.
- Here We Go Again: After Mr. Krabs hires Squidward again, he states that he was sure he didn't mean to put the dime in his pants.
Mr. Krabs: Well, it's obvious you put the dime in me pants. Dimes just don't fly into people's pants!
- Jerkass: Squidward
- Karma Houdini: Squidward gets nothing in return for treating SpongeBob like a slave.
- Ocular Gushers: It's a given, but after getting evicted Squidward cries so hard that Spongebob soaks up his tears and squeezes them out of him.
- Rage Breaking Point: "What are you saying?"
- Shaggy Dog Story: Mr Krabs' "stolen" dime was in his back pocket the whole time.
- Taking Advantage of Generosity: What Squidward does to Spongebob. He gets fed up with it.