Recap: South Park S 15 E 7 Youre Getting Old
Airdate: June 8, 2011It's Stan's tenth birthday, and his view of the world has literally turned to shit (as in, "Everything he sees is feces"). Things get worse when his friendship with Kyle crumbles and his parents divorce again (see "Clubhouses" for the first time they divorced).
"You're Getting Old" contains examples of:
- Downer Ending
- Funny Background Event: While Randy and Sharon are having an emotional talk, the two old men come in and steal Randy's pants.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Sharon laments that "the same shit keeps happening every week."
- Narrow Parody: The Jack and Jill parody trailer merely goes by the name (hence the well) and the fact that Adam Sandler plays both of the eponymous characters.
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie: In between distorted (courtesy of Stan's new worldview) trailers for Jack and Jill and Mr. Popper's Penguins, we see a trailer for a movie in which "Adam Sandler shits in your eyes, ears, and mouth". After all these, a fourth trailer is shown depicting a duck as the US President and America going to the dogs. "Coming June something."
- Series Fauxnale: A lot of viewers misinterpreted the episode as Trey Parker and Matt Stone trying to end the series with no chance of revival.
- Toilet Humor: This episode is full of it, from Stan's view of the world, to Randy creating songs that involve him shitting his pants.
- Wham Episode: It's a lot more serious than the usual South Park episode.