Recap: Scooby Doo Mystery Inc S 2 E 10 Night Terrors
A werewolf monster terrorizes the Burlington library, and when the gang ends up there after an avalanche, they seek to solve the mystery.
The episode provides examples of:
- Cabin Fever: Hinted at for the motive of the villain.
- Expy: Dan Fluunk is an expy of Dick Halloran from The Shining.
- Fanservice: Daphne in the shower.
- Funny Foreigner: Don Fong, from "an unspecified foreign culture."
- Mushroom Samba: Let's not beat around the bush, the "terror wood smoke that causes terrifying hallucinations" is basically a psychotropic drug.
- Name's the Same: There is a Doctor Who episode with the same name.
- Of course, it's also the name of an actual parasomnia disorder, which is presumably where both episodes (and the episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation also with the same name) get their title.
- Shout-Out: The episode's plot is heavily influenced by The Shining and has several scenes taken from the movie.