Recap / Scooby Doo Mystery Inc S 2 E 10 Night Terrors
A werewolf monster terrorizes the Burlington library, and when the gang ends up there after an avalanche, they seek to solve the mystery.
The episode provides examples of:
- Cabin Fever: Hinted at for the motive of the villain.
- Expy: Dan Fluunk is an expy of Dick Halloran from The Shining.
- Fanservice: Daphne in the shower.
- Foreshadowing : Immediately after shaking off the monster chasing her, Daphne enters a room where Fred is sitting, who asks her "Like, what's wrong Daphne?" This is a big clue-in that it's actually Shaggy.
- Funny Foreigner: Don Fong, from "an unspecified foreign culture."
- Generation Xerox: Of the non-familial kind—as it turns out, each generation has at least one group of four people (usually two guys and two girls, and they're usually teenagers) and some kind of animal mascot who're a mystery-solving group, and the previous two groups were involved with the mysterious conquistador treasure. And it turns out the Darrow family from last season is one of them.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The terror wood smoke is obviously a drug reference.
- Mushroom Samba: Let's not beat around the bush, the "terror wood smoke that causes terrifying hallucinations" is basically a psychotropic drug.
- Shout-Out: The episode's plot is heavily influenced by The Shining and has several scenes taken from the movie.