Recap / Scooby Doo Mystery Inc S 2 E 10 Night Terrors
A werewolf monster terrorizes the Burlington library, and when the gang ends up there after an avalanche, they seek to solve the mystery.
The episode provides examples of:
- Cabin Fever: Hinted at for the motive of the villain.
- Expy: Dan Fluunk is an expy of Dick Halloran from The Shining.
- Fanservice: Daphne in the shower.
- Funny Foreigner: Don Fong, from "an unspecified foreign culture."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The terror wood smoke is obviously a drug reference.
- Mushroom Samba: Let's not beat around the bush, the "terror wood smoke that causes terrifying hallucinations" is basically a psychotropic drug.
- Name's the Same: There is a Doctor Who episode with the same name.
- Of course, it's also the name of an actual parasomnia disorder, which is presumably where both episodes (and the episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation also with the same name) get their title.
- Shout-Out: The episode's plot is heavily influenced by The Shining and has several scenes taken from the movie.
- Generation Xerox: Of the non-familial kind. Turns out there was a mystery solving gang of four teens and their animal mascot once a generation, and at least the two previous groups were both involved with the mysterious conquistador treasure. And it turns out the Darrow family from last season is one of them.