Recap: Renand Stimpy2x 09 The Great Outdoors The Cat That Laidthe Golden Hairball
The Great OutdoorsRen and Stimpy are out camping in the woods.The Cat who Laid the Golden HairballRen finds out how valuable Stimpy's hairballs actually are.
The Great Outdoors provides examples of...
- Dinner Deformation: see Instant Mass Just Add Water below.
- Fan Disservice: Naked Old Man Hunger.
- Fur Is Clothing: Ren and Stimpy take off theirs to go swimming.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Given the kind of show this is, it's a given, but Stimpy's amusingly seductive pose as he takes off his fur isn't helped by the music accompanying it.
- Horrible Camping Trip
- Instant Mass Just Add Water: Ren eats a cake of dehydrated horse meat, which rehydrates inside his body as a whole horse.
- Oh, Crap: Ren when he sees a beaver floating in the water cooler.
- Running Gag: "I love skinny (noun)!"
- Skinny Dipping: Stimpy gets Ren to try it. And then Old Man Hunger and his wife join in.
- Vocal Dissonance: The mosquitoes are clearly female in that they suck blood and lay eggs, but they have male voices.
The Cat Who Laid the Golden Hairball provides examples of...
- Bigger on the Inside: Bubba goes inside Stimpy to see why he can't produce hairballs. He is so big Stimpy stretches around him, but then he is seen walking around Stimpy's cavernous innards.
- Disney Death: Stimpy
- Gainax Ending: After realizing that it's over for Stimpy's hairball-hocking days, everyone suddenly shouts "It's over!" in cheery voices, then starts dancing to goofy music.
- Heroic RROD: Stimpy is overworked nearly to death, destroying his wharfing gland in the process.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Ren, after overworking Stimpy leaves his wharfing gland ruined.Ren: Without it, he's only half a cat!
- Wingding Eyes: Ren gets dollar sign eyes every time he stamps one of Stimpy's hairballs in the conveyor belt. When he stamps a furless Stimpy instead, he gets "No Sale" signs instead.