"I loved Dabone, and I don't care if the whole world knows it! Ah, but that was a time in my life when I had a thing for big, fierce, brown-eyed, curly-haired, lusty, kind of scary marginalized Bohemians with sexy accents. Do you know how hard those are to find in Minnesota?"Film watched: Escape 2000 aka Escape From the Bronx
—Mary Jo Pehl, The Amazing Colossal Episode Guide
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Black and Grey Morality: Called "vaguely evil vs. somewhat ambiguous" by Servo.
- Boisterous Bruiser: "Toblerone", as they dub Dablone. The film comes alive during his brief appearances, and sags without him.
- Comically Missing the Point: Somehow, while explaining to Mike and the Bots that he put Pearl in a home (a playhouse), he either doesn't notice or doesn't care that the Satellite of Love is currently on fire.
- Continuity Nod: "I'm Cherokee Jack!"
- "I'd better get over to the Zombie Nightmare set."
- Cousin Oliver: Parodied when Dr. Forrester tries bringing in "Timmy Bobby Rusty".
- Department of Redundancy Department:Mike: He died as he died: dead.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: In-universe and out, Dablone and his lusty ham quickly became a favorite of the Brains. The guys can't help but giggle whenever he appears, they cheer at his final appearance, and the film edit even cuts his death scene.
- Foreshadowing: The segment where Dr. Forrester announces that ratings are low, and tries (and fails) to boost them. What happens to a show if their ratings are too low? Well, either it gets cancelled, or the funding gets cut.
- God-Mode Sue / Bottomless Magazines: After a character takes out a whole army of Mooks. "He must be in God Mode with unlimited ammo!"
- Mythology Gag: When Trash holds a "LEAVE THE BRONX" flyer up to the camera, Servo quips, "Hey, put that on still store", something that ended after the 5th season when the show read viewer mail.
- Only Known by Their Nickname:Blonde Gang Member: Dablone!Crow: [as said blonde] I want to be called Da Blonde!
- Overused Running LEAVE THE BRONX Gag
- Running Gag: Referring to the female lead as either a vampire or rat woman.
- Jay the Photographer's comment "If they see us, we've had it" becomes a minor one.
- Crow keeps setting the S.O.L. on fire.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Pearl is immediately smitten with Dablone when he shows up, and runs off with him.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: One of the last riffs has Trash deciding he'll leave the Bronx anyway, which of course means the movie had no point.
- Smoky Gentlemen's Club: Invoked in the "Men's Night" host segment.
- Special Effects Failure: Invoked by Servo's "Hoo-hoo!" reaction to the awkwardly tumbling dummy falling from the exploding helicopter.
- Take That!: To The Godfather Part III:Servo: (on seeing "Andrea Coppola" in the credits) Oh, of course! There's was a Coppola in it!
- Tempting Fate:Crow: [while trying to burn an ant] "Oh, like there's gonna be some kind of divine retribution?"
- Toilet Humour:[Two Mooks get fried by an electrical mine]Mike: [as Mook #2] Oh what did you step in!
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Although it doesn't get mentioned explicitly,
TobleroneDablone and his henchmen just sort of disappear towards the end of the MST3K version of the film and Hoffman pulls a Karma Houdini escape in a flashy sports car. This is because the Brains had to cut most of the final battle scenes for time. In the full version TobleroneDablone and pals all get gunned down by the Disinfestors later on and Junior blows up Hoffman's car with a grenade.
- With Lyrics: Over the ending credits: "LEAVE BRONX! LEEEEAVE BRONX! LEEEEEAVE BRONX!"