Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 03 The Dead Talk Back
Film shown: The Dead Talk BackIt was shown alongside the short The Selling Wizard, in which Anheuser-Busch tried to sell grocery freezers with the help of a "pizza dominatrix".
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains the following tropes:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Mike and the 'bots find the older lady's joking about how her photos look too much like her pretty funny.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: "Probably blew their budget on all those bongo players. I just said a lot of Bs."
- Call Back:
- Continuity Nod: Mike is folding Crow's Nice Brown Pants while the latter is doing his Jerry Garcia solo.
- Credits Gag: Crow's Jerry Garcia solo.
- Fridge Logic: Servo begins to call out the ridiculousness of worrying about a fire in space, but gets drowned out.
- Misapplied Phlebotinum: The entire joke of the radio show skit. Crow and Servo manage to get Krasker's afterlife two-way radio working, and immediately use it for a sports talk radio show. Mike spends the entire sketch flabbergasted as Abraham Lincoln and Winston Churchill call in from beyond the grave, and not even they're interested in anything besides who'll win the Super Bowl that year.
- Not Me This Time: Invoked:Detective: "What [were you arrested] for?"Crow (as Krueger): "Crossbow killing...but I had nothing to do with this one!"
- Overly Long Gag: Crow's Jerry Garcia solo
- Running Gag: Crow's Jerry Garcia solo.
- Technology Marches On: Averted with The Selling Wizard. Grocery and supermarket refrigeration technology has changed very very little. The anodized aluminum has been dropped for a different alloy these days, tho.
- Take That: Winston Churchill slams the Buffalo Bills' (especially then-quarterback Jim Kelly's) chance of having a Super Bowl ring.note
- Then again, Churchill's right.
- William Telling