Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 05 Being From Another Planet
Film Watched: Time Walker aka Being From Another Planet.
This episode has examples of:
- Dramatic Necklace Removal: When the mummy rips the necklace off the girl's neck, Joel comments that it must have had a pretty flimsy clasp.
- Heroic BSOD: Servo declares this the absolute worst film they'd ever seen. Joel and Crow challenge him by naming nearly every single film they'd seen up to this point. Servo eventually admits The Castle Of Fu Manchu was just as bad.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Crow accuses Bill Mumy of not doing anything since he was 11. Two years later Babylon 5 premiered.
- Odd Name Out: When challenging Tom if the previous movies they watched are worse than Being from Another Planet, Joel suggests The Manchingo Coniglium, to which Tom responds, "Huh?"
- Running Gag: The gag of Joel making cop/donut jokes and the bots objecting to it would come back with a vengeance in The Indestructible Man.
- "The fungus..." "is among us."
- The Ludlum Library
- Spoiler Title: The new title of the movie chosen by distributor Film Ventures International gives away a major plot twist.