Film Watched: Time Walker aka Being From Another Planet.The first MST film to feature actor Ben Murphy, who would later appear in a later episode, Riding with Death.
- Crow and Servo play twenty questions to Joel, trying to guess with movie taglines.
- The Mads jump on the saccharine figure bandwagon by introducing their line of "Tragic Moments" figures, bringing sadness and death to Grandma. Joel's contribution are Jack Palance Impersonation kits, perfect for attention grabbing and scaring friends.
- Dressed as mummies, Crow and Servo's riffing turn to making fun of Bill Mumy, whom Joel defends.
- Crow shows a blindfolded Joel the haunted boiler room experience.
- Joel cues up his Rainy Day Fun Sketch for Crow and Servo, bored from today's film. The fun doesn't last for long and the clowns become angry.
- As pitchmen for the "TV's Frank Shopping Network", Joel and the Bots sell the "V-Shaped Diamond Encrusted Mummy Thing" in exchange for their freedom. Frank seems to like it, but Dr. Forrester makes him push the button.
This episode has examples of:
- Call Back:
Crow: Trumpy, you can do magic things!
- To Pod People
- The "Trumpy does stupid things" music plays when Joel tries to cheer Crow and Servo from the film.
- Dramatic Necklace Removal: When the mummy rips the necklace off the girl's neck, Joel comments that it must have had a pretty flimsy clasp.
- Dude, Not Funny!: The bots' reaction to Joel identifying a skeleton in the opening tomb scene as Pete Duel (Joel immediately apologized). Duel co-starred with Ben Murphy on Alias Smith and Jones and committed suicide during that show's production.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Servo declares this the absolute worst film they'd ever seen. Joel and Crow challenge him by naming nearly every single film they'd seen up to this point. Servo eventually admits The Castle Of Fu Manchu was just as bad.
- Moral Event Horizon: Joel and the Bots think that the Mads' Tragic Moments figurines were the breaking point.
- Odd Name Out: When challenging Tom if the previous movies they watched are worse than Being from Another Planet, Joel suggests The Manchingo Coniglium, to which Tom responds, "Huh?"
- Running Gag:
- Crow and Servo getting distressed from the film's green filter.
- The memorandum of NBC Mystery Movie jokes return from Teenagers from Outer Space. In the same vein, the gag of Joel making cop/donut jokes and the bots objecting to it would come back with a vengeance in The Indestructible Man.
- "The fungus..." "is among us."
- The Ludlum Library
- From several episodes, "Jim Henson's Baby Babies"
- Spoiler Title: The new title of the movie chosen by distributor Film Ventures International gives away a major plot twist.
- Worst Whatever Ever: Tom declares this to be the worst film they've seen so far. Joel and Crow go through a Long List of films they've seen before Tom finally agrees that The Castle Of Fu Manchu was just as bad.