Recap / Kim Possible S 2 E 6 Rufus In Show Adventures In Rufus Sitting
Rufus in Show:
The Kimber diamond is stolen and Kim is tasked with its' recovery, eventually learning it was stolen by dog trainer/thief Falsetto Jones. To infiltrate his fortress, Kim & Ron decide to enter his annual dog show, but, when their initial dog is rendered sick, they pass off Rufus as a rare "Peruvian Hairless." Unfortunately, Jones catches wise to their scheme and captures them, plotting to drop them into a pool of electric eels. However, Rufus manages to save the day, causing a distraction at the dog show, allowing them to retrieve the diamond and, thanks to Kim's parachute-like skirt, escape to a waiting boat.Adventures in Rufus-Sitting:
Ron and his family are going on vacation to France, but their hotel has a "no pets" policy, so Kim agrees to watch Rufus while he's away. Things get complicated, however, when Rufus accidentally swallows a high-tech microchip, which makes him a target of Monkey Fist, Duff Killigan, & Shego, all of whom want the chip. Kim tracks the villains across the world, and eventually, to France (while managing to stay out of view of the Stoppables) and manages to defeat the villains and rescue Rufus. Later, Kim learns the chip was to be used in a greeting card playing "rock a bye baby" (which was earlier established to cause Rufus to instantly fall asleep) causing her to comment "congratulations, it's a girl."
These episode contain examples of:
- Absentee Actor: Similar to "Attack of the Killer Bebes",Adventures in Rufus-Sitting is the only episode in which Shego appears without Drakken.
- All Animals Are Dogs: Averted, Rufus actually has to be taught to act like one.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Monkey Fist, Duff Killigan and Shego in "Adventures In Rufus-Sitting".
- Brick Joke:
(upon finding out about the eels
) The bad villain puns just write themselves
. (imitating Falsetto
) "Shocking, isn't it?"
I think you'll find this quite shocking! Kim: Called that one.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Kim twice imitates Falsetto's signature, well, falsetto.
- Broken Record: In Rufus in Show, Kim repeats Francois' instructions for feeding his poodle Gigi "two parts wet, one part dry."
- Call Back: Upon learning that Falsetto has eels in his moat instead of sharks or piranha, Kim says "the bad villain puns just write themselves, 'shocking isn't it?'" Later, after Falsetto has them suspended over the moat, he does make a "shocking" pun.
Kim: Called that one.
- Comically Missing the Point:
Ron: How much does a piece of ice like that go for?
Curator: The Kimber diamond is the most flawless gem in the world; it's value is beyond estimation.
Ron: I'm gonna throw out a number, two hundred fiddy bucks.
Curator: Sir, I really don't think...
Ron: 275? Am I getting warmer?
- Comically Small Bribe: Ron attempts to get Rufus entered in the competition with a $5 bill.
Kim: Ron, this is a prestigious, international competition.
Ron: And I'm speaking the prestigious, international language of cold hard cash!
Kim: Five dollars is hardly...
Judge: (looking in his book) Aah yes, here it is, a Hairless Peruvian (pockets money)
- Evil vs. Evil: Adventures in Rufus-Sitting has Shego, Monkey Fist, & Duff Killigan all fighting each other for a rare microchip.
- Genre Savvy: Falsetto is one of the smartest villains Team Possible has ever faced; he was clever enough to double check Rufus's paw print to prove he wasn't a dog, and confirm Ron's identity, and he averts Bond Villain Stupidity by actually sitting around to watch the two be destroyed.
Kim: Um, aren't you going to leave now?
Falsetto: Leave? What do you mean?
Ron: Usually, the bad guy says his lame pun and walks out. You know, leaving us to our doom.
Falsetto: But then I'd miss the whole thing, where's the fun in that? I'm not going anywhere!
'Kim: Okay, but I feel I must warn you that you're really breaking a supervillain tradition here.
- Gratuitous French: Occurs, (albeit badly mispronounced) in Adventures in Rufus-Sitting, due to Ron and family being in France.
- Karma Houdini: Subverted with Falsetto—his plan is foiled and while he isn't shown getting arrested, the second Gameboy Advance game confirms that he was later arrested by the police.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Falsetto makes one regarding his electric eels, as Kim said he would.
- Meaningful Name: Falsetto Jones is called such since he speaks in a falsetto, due to a "freak helium accident".
- Overly Long Name: In Rufus in Show, Ron disguises himself as Dr. Van Foker Dumple (cough cough) Stein.
- Electric Eel Pool: Falestto has one in his manor and nearly drops Kim & Ron into it.
- Shout-Out: The titles are references to Best in Show and Adventures in Babysitting respectively.
- Spy Catsuit: In Rufus in Show, Kim's dress can turn into one, and Wade wears one too for some reason when he contacts her.
- Two Shorts: The first of several such episodes.