Recap: Kim Possible S 2 E 5 Car Trouble
Kim and Ron face a major rite of passage: Driver's Ed. Unfortunately, Kim's nerves get the better of her the first time she tries to pass the driving test.Meanwhile, automation expert Dr. Freeman is kidnapped by Drakken and Shego to help with Drakken's scheme to world domination by building an army of battle robots. One of Freeman's projects, a self-aware car named S.A.D.I. ("Sadie"), enlists Kim's help to rescue the inventor.
This episode provides examples of:
- Fence Painting: After Drakken's attempts to coerce Dr. Freeman fail, Shego cons him into working for them by snidely questioning his competence (with Drakken joining in when he realizes that Shego's approach is working). This spurs him to prove himself by going ahead and building the robots.
- Kidnapped Scientist: Dr. Freeman. He initially refuses to help Drakken, but gets tricked into doing it anyway.
- Magic Feather: Zig-zagged. First, S.A.D.I. gets Kim through the driving test by doing the driving for her, leaving her feeling guilty about cheating. Later, during the escape from Drakken and Shego, S.A.D.I. tells her that she'd actually passed the driving test fair and square on her own. After they make their getaway, S.A.D.I. admits that she herself had done the driving during the test, but that Kim had just driven them out of danger entirely on her own — S.A.D.I. had been damaged and needed a human driver, so she lied in order to bolster Kim's confidence behind the wheel.
- At the end of the episode, Kim re-takes the test and passes it, much to the puzzlement of Mr. Barkin who wondered why she'd throw away the perfect score she (actually S.A.D.I.) got the first time.
- Scare 'Em Straight: Barkin shows the Driver's Ed class a scratchy old black-and-white film called "The Ghost Car". Initially, Kim and Ron mock the antiquated depiction of teenage life, but then they are horrified by a gory crash scene intended to teach a lesson about careful driving.
- Sentient Vehicle: S.A.D.I. ("Sadie")