Season 3, Episode 1
Season of Death
Crichton is trapped on the operating table with his brain open, Scorpius and the Peacekeepers have taken the Diagnosian's enclave and there's a Scarran on the loose. Chiana and Jothee make a terrible mistake, and Zhaan tries something very dangerous to bring back Aeryn.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Back from the Dead: Aeryn
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Crichton demonstrates to Harvey who is really in control.
- Foreshadowing: After Braca insists that something be done about Crais and Talyn.
- "Hell Yes" Moment: As he is smacking Harvey around:
Crichton: Can I get a "hell yeah?!"
Crowd: HELL YEAH!
- Heroic Sacrifice: Zhaan gives up her spiritual energy to revive Aeryn, knowing what that will mean for herself.
- Ironic Echo: After the crew learns the donors aren't actually dead, Grunchlk insists that they are all "effectively dead." Stark later finds Grunchlk in a cryopod, he reports him as "dead too... effectively..."
- Not Quite Dead: Scorpius tricks the crew into thinking he was aboard the Marauder that Talyn destroyed.
- Oh Crap: Scorpius when he learns that the Command Carrier will be delayed in picking them up for another five hours.
Scorpius:Crichton’s shipmates won't stay away that long.
Braca: We can eliminate them.
Scorpius: They don't worry me; a Leviathan gunship commanded by a vengeful traitor does.
- Promotion to Opening Titles: Wayne Pygram (Scorpius & Harvey), Lani Tupu (Crais) and Paul Goddard (Stark).
- Shout-Out: Crichton's "Hell Yes" Moment above is a reference to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, for whom "Can I get a 'Hell yeah?!'" is a Catch Phrase.