"Hannah Banana" contains examples of:
- Brother–Sister Incest: Averted with Meg walking into Chris' room and asking if he wanted to 'practice kissing' again while Chris is looking for his camcorder.Meg: Hey, Chris. You wanna practice kissing again?
Chris: No thanks. I got to catch the Evil Monkey that lives in my closet.
- Hanging by the Fingers: The Evil Monkey when kidnapped by Miley in a King Kong-like scene, until he falls.
- Hidden Depths: The Evil Monkey isn't so evil, and he even helps Chris with his homework.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Although Peter got his head severely smashed between two logs, he is more happy about getting the hat then his severely injured face.
- Nightmare Face: Peter gets one after Chris smashes two logs at his head.
- Parental Neglect: When Tom Tucker’s son complains about the Evil Monkey, Tom Tucker proceeds to say that he just doesn’t care.
- Robotic Reveal: Miley Cyrus turns out to be a robot.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Chris berates Peter about the fact that he never cares about him when the Evil Monkey that he used to fear actually thought about his feelings.
- Too Dumb to Live: Chris asks Peter to put his head between two restrained logs to get a free hat. He does it.