Recap / Family Guy S3 E21 "Family Guy Viewer Mail #1"
February 14, 2002
In this, the first series finale (now considered a fauxnale
), Brian and Stewie show three stories based on viewer requests. In "No Bones About It," a genie grants Peter three wishes...one of which leaves Peter a boneless blob, in "Super Griffins," the family gets hit with radioactive waste and gain superhero powers (but don't use them for good), and Peter and the other adults of Quahog are troublemaking children in the Our Gang
parody, "L'il Griffins."
This episode contains examples of:
"No Bones About It" contains examples of:
- Artistic License – Biology: Peter is more able to function without bones than he should be if the show followed reality.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Chris mentions that a friend of his beat him up because he lost his shoe in Peter's boneless body.
- Horrible Hollywood: "So this is where all the waste ends up!"
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Peter, not wanting his family to put up with the burden of tending his boneless body, willingly goes down the drain of the bathtub.
- Ink-Suit Actor: The man who threatens to beat up Peter is modeled after and voiced by wrestler Bill Goldberg.
- Take That!: Peter notes that Hollywood is where all the waste and sewage ends up.
"Super Griffins" contains examples of:
- Disproportionate Retribution: Lots. For example...
- Stewie beats up a store clerk because he wouldn't let him have a candy bar.
- Lois stomps over cars and kills many people so she won't get stuck in traffic.
- Chris setting his friend on fire because he called him "Chris Grissle" years ago.
- Funny Background Event: Near the end, when Mayor West runs off the stage, you can see an audience member grabbing a woman's ass.
- My Brain Is Big: Stewie
- My God, What Have I Done?: The Griffins when they learn that Mayor West got lymphoma, and stop their megalomania to help him recover.
- Reality Ensues: Mayor West exposes himself to radioactive waste in an attempt to gain superpowers. He ends up getting lymphoma.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: This is one of Peter's morphs.
- Vocal Dissonance: Peter shapeshifts into Britney Spears to get a lock of Justin Timberlake's hair. It tricks everyone, despite the fact that "Britney" still sounds and acts like an out-of-shape, middle-aged guy.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity
- Wolverine Claws: Meg, though considering her role as the show's Butt-Monkey-cum-Chew Toy, her Wolverine claws don't actually hurt anyone. They leave a scratch that's kind of bleeding and kind of hurts, but not really.
"Lil' Griffins" contains examples of: