Recap: Daria S 3 E 04
Daria is walking home, minding her own business as usual, when she is suddenly accosted by a short man in green and a big guy in a toga. It soon comes out that these are the Anthropomorphic Personifications of St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day, respectively, and they need Daria's help to get Christmas, Halloween and Guy Fawkes' Day back to Holiday Island.Yes, my friends; this is Daria's infamous Bizarro Episode.Having been roped into this task, Daria finds the renegade holidays—snarky, self-obsessed teenagers all—difficult to convince. Unfortunately, they soon decide to shack up at her house, and she'll have to get rid of them if she wants her life to get back to normal. Especially since Valentine's Day has made her parents into Sickeningly Sweethearts, which in turn leads Quinn to think that they're trying to have another baby.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Anthropomorphic Personification: At one point Daria calls them "holiday spirits" for lack of a better description.
- British Rock Star: Guy Fawkes' Day.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: This seems to be the basic idea behind Halloween's outfit.
- Entitled Bastard: Christmas, Halloween and Guy Fawkes' Day pretty much invite themselves into the Morgendorffers' house and then do nothing but complain that Daria isn't providing for their every weird need.
- Happiness Is Mandatory: On Holiday Island, apparently.
- Let's Have Another Baby: What Quinn thinks is going on with Helen and Jake. Actually, once the spell wears off and she mentions it, Jake reacts with horror at the idea.
- Magical Realism
- Parental Sexuality Squick: Daria and especially Quinn get this; Quinn is actually convinced that they're trying to have another baby, because why else would they...you know?
- Rock Trio: Christmas, Halloween and Guy Fawkes' Day, though they don't follow the instrumental version of this trope.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Helen and Jake, after Valentine's Day zaps them with his love taser.
- Trademark Favorite Food / Sweet Tooth: Christmas only seems to be willing to eat sugary, seasonal food (and, for some reason, pizza).
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Most of the characters who hear about the holidays at least have a token moment of disbelief; Trent, however, seems to have no trouble accepting it.
- For that matter, most people don't seem to find the holidays odd just by their appearance.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Halloween, Christmas and Guy Fawkes' Day seem to be something like this.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.