A school dance is coming up, and Sandi
into organizing it, then throws her own party the same day. Quinn, however, manages to pass her duties onto Jane
, who has been looking for a way to do a massive art project—she paints the walls in the style of Jackson Pollock. Meanwhile, Kevin
are suffering from a temporary break-up, and attempt to make the other jealous. At the dance, Daria
and Jane meet some interesting guys, only to learn something terrifying about them.
Tropes present in this episode:
- The Bro Code: Both the football players and the cheerleaders refuse to date Brittany or Kevin, respectively. The exception is Robert, because he doesn't know what's going on.
- First Name Basis: Brad and Brett are pretty much the only people in the series to refer to Upchuck as "Chuck."
- Hates Being Touched: Quinn apparently won't slow-dance until the fifth date, and freaks out when her dates try to do it.
- High School Dance: The plot.
- Nice Guy: Robert.
- Operation Jealousy: Brittany and Kevin both try to pull this off, though only she succeeds. It's particularly obvious near the end, when she suddenly starts kissing him because Kevin shows up.
- Party Scheduling Gambit: Sandi tries to pull this off. Unfortunately, her party stinks, and the boys who came abandon it for the dance.
- Relationship Upgrade: This is arguably the episode when Mr. O'Neill and Ms. Barch go from "random flings" to "actual relationship."
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Jane and Daria immediately flee after discovering that Brad and Brett are Upchuck's cousins.
- The boys who came to Sandi's party, after it turns out to suck.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Brad and Brett.