Recap: Daria S 3 E 05
A school dance is coming up, and Sandi tricks Quinn into organizing it, then throws her own party the same day. Quinn, however, manages to pass her duties onto Jane, who has been looking for a way to do a massive art project—she paints the walls in the style of Jackson Pollock. Meanwhile, Kevin and Brittany are suffering from a temporary break-up, and attempt to make the other jealous. At the dance, Daria and Jane meet some interesting guys, only to learn something terrifying about them.
Tropes present in this episode:
- The Bro Code: Both the football players and the cheerleaders refuse to date Brittany or Kevin, respectively. The exception is Robert, because he doesn't know what's going on.
- First Name Basis: Brad and Brett are pretty much the only people in the series to refer to Upchuck as "Chuck."
- For the Evulz: There was absolutely no provocation for what Sandi did in this episode beyond humiliating Quinn, and it's one of the few times where she's at her absolute worst.
- Hates Being Touched: Quinn apparently won't slow-dance until the fifth date, and freaks out when her dates try to do it.
- High School Dance: The plot.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Sandi's scheming backfires on her when all the guys she invited to her party ditch it because it was so boring, and later Sandi, Stacy, and Tiffany end up locked out of Sandi's house in their bikinis while it snows.
- Nice Guy: Robert.
- Operation Jealousy: Brittany and Kevin both try to pull this off, though only she succeeds. It's particularly obvious near the end, when she suddenly starts kissing him because Kevin shows up.
- Party Scheduling Gambit: Sandi tries to pull this off. Unfortunately, her party stinks, and the boys who came abandon it for the dance.
- Relationship Upgrade: This is arguably the episode when Mr. O'Neill and Ms. Barch go from "random flings" to "actual relationship."
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Jane and Daria immediately flee after discovering that Brad and Brett are Upchuck's cousins.
- The boys who came to Sandi's party, after it turns out to suck.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Brad and Brett.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.