Recap: Calvin And Hobbes The Series S 5 E 7 POV
Calvin and crew are wrecking Socrates's house, trying to get to a mysterious orb. Elliot comes in just in time to see the destruction, and demands to know just why they're wrecking his house. Sherman steps forward to tell him, presenting his story of the events. However, the cast disagrees with it, and the MTM tries his hand. And then the cast disagrees with that, and eventually everyone gets their chance to stretch the truth. As an annoyed Elliot tries to decipher just what happened, he decides to go see for himself. As he recovers from shock upon seeing the bathroom, everyone leaves, except Socrates.
- Arc Words: The orb mentions that something is returning, like the fortune teller in "Dark Laughter Part 1".
- Deranged Animation and Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Calvin's Spy Fiction version ends up devolving into this.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons: Or, in the case of Calvin's version, pterosaurs.
- The Ditz: Taken Up to Eleven with Socrates in Sherman's version and Sherman in Hobbes' version.
- Hot-Blooded: Everyone in Socrates' version.
- How We Got Here: The episode revolves around Calvin and company explaining why they were wrecking Elliot's house.
- Innocuously Important Episode: The orb's parting words are merely "They have returned through the darkness." This may seem like a Shaggy Dog Story, but considering what appears to happen in "Nocturnals"...
- Noodle Incident: Just what the hell happened in the bathroom, anyway?!
- Perpetual Smiler: Again, everyone in Socrates' version. It creeps out the rest of the cast.
- Say My Name: "SOCRATES!", from Elliot at the end.
- Self-Serving Memory: Everyone's flashbacks all either demonize one of the others or glorify themselves (sometimes both). The only exception is Calvin.
- Spy Fiction: Calvin's version is a parody of the Martini type.
- Verbal Tic: From Calvin's version, "ten-four".