: A character, like The Ditz
, a Cloud Cuckoo Lander
, or The Fool
, ruins a plan completely by accident.
- Straight: Bob The Fool accidentally derails Emperor Evulz plan to Take Over the World by accident
- Exaggerated: Bob The Fool unintentionally derails an entire Gambit Pileup between several factions... One that had been going on for millennia prior to his unexpected involvement!
- Downplayed: Bob The Fool only complicates Evulz's plans.
- Justified: Bob is Too Dumb to Fool for Evulz to manipulate him into his plans.
- Subverted: It may appear that Bob has destroyed Evulz's plans, but Evulz had changed his plans in case someone were to ruin it.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: Bob The Fool derails Evulz attempts to Poke the Poodle.
- Zigzagged: Sometimes, Bob inadvertently derails Evulz plans. Other times, Bob has unintentionally advanced Evulz in some way.
- Averted: Bob The Fool has not derailed Evulz's plans to Take Over the World
- Enforced: "Evulz is a Devil in Plain Sight who can fool nearly everyone. We need to find someone who can ignorantly break his plan.
- Lampshaded: "Did that idiot just broke my plan by accident!? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: John, a Guile Hero, notes that Bob is an idiot, and, with a few supervisors for the latter, use Bob as an Unwitting Pawn against Emperor Evulz. Bob, being the idiot he is, is unaware of this.
- Defied: Emperor Evulz have his guards set fences, strictly enforce the "No Commoners Allowed" rule, and place his animal in case they do.
- Discussed: "Hmm... This guy can definitely destroy Emperor Evulz's plans. The Emperor can't predict him."
- Conversed: "The idiot always ruin the mastermind's plan if not monitored."
Back to Spanner in the Works