: The grim and gritty fighting characters popular in superhero comics of the nineteen nineties.
- Straight: Mega-Swordd is a ferocious fighter with exaggerated anatomy and an absurdly large weapon. He only appears heroic when he is fighting complete monsters.
- Exaggerated: Mega-Swordd has cartoonish proportions, and carries a weapon the size of a medium building. He fights against crazed dicators who want to blow up the world and madmen who think they're gods of the universe.
- Downplayed: Mega-Swordd is drawn like a real-world bodybuilder, and carries one of the largest one-man weapons invented in real life.
- Justified: Mega-Swordd is the result of a steroid experiment or super-soldier project gone wrong, which has also made him a psychotic killer. His weapon is designed especially for him, as superhuman strength is needed just to lift it.
- Subverted: Mega-Swordd looks like a nineties anti-hero, and acts like one initially, but when the fight is over and the villain prepares to die, Mega-Swordd proves to be The Cape, and throws them in prison.
- Double Subverted:
- He only throws traditional villains in prison. Complete Monsters are so evil that they set off his Berserk Button, and he hacks them down brutally to prevent them from slaughtering innocents.
- Bonus points if he also Lampshades and Justifies the act by explaining that the Nineties Anti-Hero method is the only way to take Complete Monsters off the streets.
- Parodied: Mega-Swordd has so much muscle mass that he cannot function effectively, and can barely move his arms, let alone wield his weapon. Villains that he challenges feel so sorry for him that they fake their own gruesome deaths to make him feel better.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Lampshaded: "Man, Mega-Swordd is so frigging awesome! He's totally not like the other goody-goody superheroes out there!"
- Invoked: A guy wants to get away with killing people and decides the best way to do it is by only killing bad guys.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Mega-Swordd does not want to be seen as an anti-hero, so he just does things like a normal superhero should.
- Discussed: "Holy crap, this guy is the hero!? What's the villain like?"
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs:
- Mega-Swordd is so large and powerful, that he beats up the sadistic bad guys and makes pretzels out of their bodies.
- Mega-Swordd is a Heroic Comedic Sociopath whose fighting sometimes involves slapstick comedy.
Back to Nineties Anti-Hero