: A character can instinctively sense the condition of a machine through long-time familiarity.
- Straight: Ace driver Rick Roadster knows that something is wrong with his car because of a minor vibration when he puts it into gear.
- Exaggerated: Rick knows something's wrong with his car because the seat cushion doesn't feel right when he gets in.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Rick has driven his car for years and keeps it in perfect condition, so any minor deviation stands out to him.
- Inverted: Rick doesn't notice anything wrong with his car even when it abruptly lurches forward when he puts it into gear.
- Subverted: After putting his car into gear, Rick suspiciously says "something's wrong..." A moment later, he remembers that he left his suitcase in the living room.
- Double Subverted: As Rick goes to get his suitcase, he spots a minor smudge on the hood and realizes that someone has tampered with his car.
- Rick knows the age, gender, and appearance of the person who sabotaged his car as soon as he touches the door handle.
- Rick suddenly has an orgasm, not because of the very attractive Wrench Wench working on his car, but because of the very fact that she is working on his car.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Rick is not able to tell if the car has a small problem just by riding
- Enforced: "Let's show how good Rick is with cars"
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Rick has a hypersensitive sense of touch which affects his everyday life to a crippling degree.
Go back to Machine Empathy
, but be careful, something doesn't feel right...