: The game places a limit on the number of weapons you can equip.
- Straight: Sgt. Robert "Bob" Rock in Generic Space Marine Shooter 2000 can carry two guns and a few grenades.
- Exaggerated: Bob can carry one gun OR one grenade.
- Bob can carry multiple weapons, but he's limited to one of each type.
- Bob can carry multiple weapons, but carrying more limits his agility or negatively affects his secondary powers.
- Justified: Bob's Powered Armor is stated to have limitations on how much weight it can support, and most of the guns he wields are enormous, so he can only carry a limited number of them at any given time.
- Inverted: Bob can carry an infinite number of guns.
- Subverted: Later on, Bob finds a trans-dimensional storage box that lets him carry as many guns as he wants.
- Double Subverted: But it gets destroyed shortly before the final battle, leaving him with the two guns and grenades that he started with.
- Parodied: Bob has a rare phobia of carrying too much stuff, causing him to freeze up if he tries to carry more than one weapon (to the point where he can't carry a pocket knife and a gun at the same time).
- Zig Zagged: Which weapons Bob can carry and which he can't seem to be rather arbitrary, thanks to a bug which means some count towards the limit and some don't.
- Averted: See Hyperspace Arsenal.
- Enforced: The publisher was looking for a Halo-killer and decided to have the dev team imitate its mechanics.
- Lampshaded: Bob wonders aloud why a Sig Sauer P228 takes up the same amount of room as an anti-tank missile launcher.
- Invoked: Bob was trained to limit the amount of weapons he carries in order to make sure he was able to keep them properly maintained (if you're carrying a small armory, it's hard to clean them all, after all).
- Exploited: The Big Bad issues all the troops in his fortress with weapons that can't harm him, hoping that Bob will have to discard his other weapons before reaching him.
- Defied: Bob carries a large satchel which is Bigger on the Inside and trains so he's used to moving with it specifically so he can carry all the weapons and ammo he wants.
I'm disappointed in you, Sergeant. That Zerg Rush
should've been no problem for someone of your skills. Bob: With All Due Respect
, sir, my armor has room for two guns and a half-dozen grenades and I ran out of ammo for all of them.
- Conversed: A reviewer compares Generic Space Marine Shooter 2000's limited player arsenal to Halo among other aspects and laments that nobody seems to be trying anything new in FPSs anymore.
- Implied: The Player Character is Alice the medic (who can't legally carry weapons, aside from her medical equipment). Bob and the other marines are never shown using more than two different weapons at once, implying this trope applies to them.
- Played For Laughs: Bob has several funny lines for each weapon when he's forced to discard it (including a few Easter Eggs when he swaps out specific weapons).
- Played For Drama: Despite its name Generic Space Marine Shooter 2000 is a Survival Horror game. The player has to plan ahead and choose their weapons carefully, lest they meet something which can No Sell their attacks.
to swap this page for Limited Loadout